Cardiac Surgery Critical Care Internship - Starts July 2018!
SENTARA HEART HOSPITAL IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE
CARDIAC SURGERY CRITICAL CARE INTERNSHIP
STARTING JULY 2018!
About the Program:
Sentara Heart Hospital's Internship Program is for experienced Registered Nurse's who want to transition into the cardiac surgery field. It is a competency based program that is tailored to fit the needs of a non-critical care experienced nurse based on their level of knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Program is 16 weeks long
- Full time paid internship and nursing position
- Day or Nights rotator schedules available
- Must be willing to work 12 hour shifts
- Internship schedule rotates classroom and clinical hours
- Must be able to start hospital orientation by June 25th
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- BSN is preferred
- 1 year of nursing experience in an acute care area required
- Active RN license and current BLS Certification
About the Unit:
- 12-bed Cardiac Surgery Acute Critcal care Unit
- Nurses provide service to any patients that have undergone open-heart surgery
- Management and titration of up to 2 vasopressors or 2 anti-hypertensives
- Management and monitoring arterial and CVP pressure lines
- Porviding support to patient on high flow oxygen and BiPap
- Telemetry monitoring in addition to a central monitoring station
- Nurse-patient ratio is typically 2:1