The Registrar performs specialized and responsible clerical and technical tasks related to the registration of students and maintenance of student records and files; as well as related activities of the school site, and maintains student data in an automated student information system. This position reports to the School Principal.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Considerable experience in performing data entry and general clerical work of a progressively responsible nature; some of which shall have involved the maintenance of student records and student data in a student information system.
- Performs enrollment and withdrawal activities within the automated PowerSchool student information System (e.g. new and rollover students, in district/ out of district transfers, etc.) to ensure compliance with financial, legal, state or federal requirements.
- Performs attendance-related functions where required to meet district, state and federal requirements.
- Maintains a variety of files, documents and student records (physical files and electronic files within PowerSchool student information System) (e.g. permanent student record, cumulative folders for all students grades, transcripts, address changes, master schedule, attendance (by assignment), discipline, etc.) to meet the division's goal of accurate and timely student data within the student information system and student records.
- Compiles a variety of information/data (e.g. transcripts, health, IEP, attendance, discipline records, grades, test scores, recognition awards, etc.) to provide appropriate information required by site, district and/or state.
- Processes requests for transcripts and education verification.
- Assists with additional appropriate tasks as assigned by the Principal and Registrar and Student Data Coordinator to ensure an efficient and effective work environment.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions as assigned to convey and/or receive information required to perform functions.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.