Accounts Payable Specialist
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind – is seeking a dynamic and seasoned Accounts Payable Specialist with a high level of analytical expertise for our headquarters office conveniently located in downtown Bethesda, Maryland.
The candidate will perform advanced accounts payable functions such as applying accounting policy for requisition processing and check request processing along with expense reimbursements in a high volume, paperless environment. Perform 1099 identification along with payment verification and vendor maintenance. Provide excellent customer service and support any new processes or procedure changes.
Other responsibilities include:
- Analytical skills to retain and apply accounting policy daily while prioritizing a work load of 250 plus invoices per week.
- Attention to detail in reviewing accounts payable items for approval.
- Properly code check requests and identify any missing items that are deemed necessary for its satisfactory completion (ensure vouchers are properly authorized and approved, ensure invoices are attached).
- Place calls to vendors and/or chapter or HQ personnel to explain questionable items or to request missing items. By doing this, the specialist must be able to communicate clearly what is being requested.
- Accurately key credit vouchers into Dynamics GP and/or adjust vouchers and transactions as needed.
- Complete journal entries to reclassify expenses when necessary.
- Match checks payment batches to the appropriate supporting remit documentation. Tasks must be performed accurately and completely for all check payment requests.
- Complete payment inquiries on any given vendor.
- Contribute to departmental goals and efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Experience in accounts payable processing is necessary (3+ years preferred)
Attention to detail, high work ethic required, strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and time management skills
Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) while providing exemplary customer service
Ability to work in a fast-past, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/Outlook
Microsoft Dynamics experience
Paramount Workplace experience (a plus)
College level accounting courses/degree (a plus)
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation offers an excellent benefit package and competitive salary. Please apply online at: www.cff.org under “Careers”