SOC Tier I / II / III
Sparks Group is partnered with an organization that is supporting a long-term mission critical Federal program in the DC Metropolitan area. This program is an excellent opportunity for potential candidates to gain exposure and experience / networks to further push forward in their careers!
Sparks Group is currently looking for SOC Analysts for Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 support for a large scale Federal Program with multiple task orders within the program. If you have 3 - 10+ years of professional work experience, this opportunity is for you!
• Act as network incident first responder for a 24/7 staffed SOC, reviewing and verifying system alerts
• Assist with the development of incident response plans, workflows, and SOPs
• Maintain security sensors and tools
• Monitor security sensors and review logs to identify intrusions
• Escalate security incidents using established policies and procedures
• Uses tools and techniques to perform initial extraction, de-obfuscation, or other manipulation of malware related data
• Perform initial analysis of security events, network traffic, and logs to engineer new detection methods, or create efficiencies when available
• Work directly with cyber threat intelligence analysts to convert intelligence into useful detection
• Collaborate with incident response team to rapidly build detection rules as needed
• Identify incident root cause and take proactive mitigation steps
• Perform lessons learned activities
• Review vulnerabilities and track resolution
• Review and process threat intel reports
• Implement detection use cases
• Implement IDS signatures
• Assist with incident response efforts
• Provide critical information for customer report briefs
• Participate in customer security assessments
• Participate in table top exercises
• Basic, yet experienced understanding of root causes of malware infections and proactive mitigation
• Basic, yet experienced understanding of lateral movement and footholds
• Basic, yet experienced understanding of data exfiltration techniques. Demonstrated ability in critical thinking, problem solving, and analytics
• Enjoy analyzing patterns looking for outliers
• Enjoy creating ways to find needles in haystacks
• Have real world experience analyzing complex attacks and understand TTPs of threat actors
• Define relationships between seemingly unrelated events through deductive reasoning
• Basic, yet experienced in network/host based intrusion analysis, malware analysis, forensics, and cyber threat intel
• Basic, yet experienced knowledge of advanced threat actors and complex attacks
• Possess excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate to teammates as well as technical and executive level staff
• Quick study with new tools
• Basic, yet experienced knowledge of Splunk
• Basic, yet experienced knowledge of network routing and switching fundamentals to include knowledge of Multiprotocol Layer Switching (MPLS)
• Basic, yet experienced technical understanding of operating systems, network architecture and design, Active Directory (AD) application log consumables, systems design as well as superior knowledge of technical operations process and procedures
• Basic, yet experienced knowledge of encryption, key management and cryptology
• Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-37), Security Controls as described in NIST 800- 35, and the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines
• Basic, yet experienced in performing threat modelling, risk analysis, root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
• Basic, yet experience with planning and implementing secure networking practices such as: application segmentation, network segmentation, NAC and other access control testing/validation, updating access control SOPs
• Understanding of configurations and experience with an enterprise SIEM solution including signature tuning, development of correlation rules, reports, and alarms
• Organizational Skills: Proven ability to plan and prioritize work, both their own and that of project team. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion. Understanding of project management principles and techniques (project plans, critical path, etc.), ability to develop security project plans and work with development teams to integrate those into development schedules - in both waterfall and agile environments.
o Team Work: Excels both autonomously and as part of a team. Effective teammate.
o Leadership: Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges. Able to work effectively with participants at all levels in an organization.
o Communications: Ability to interact with managers, other staffers, and business unit (non- technical) customers clearly and efficiently, both verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
o Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics. Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
o Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!