Wireless Network Engineer
The position is responsible for working with the Wireless team to coordinate, implement, optimize and maintain the wireless network to include procurement, installation, configuration, documentation and management. It also requires the candidate to provide technical support for end users and repair/upgrade network components.
- Ensure that the network connectivity is maintained throughout the WLAN and wireless infrastructure
- Manage the WLAN infrastructure and device configurations using Cisco Prime and Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC)
- Work with team members to deploy Cisco/Aruba Wireless and other WLAN solutions
- Create technical manuals, operating procedures and other support documentation
- Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
- Conduct site survey and plan network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Support, manage, and update the current Distributed Antenna System (DAS)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Wireless certification required, CCNP preferred
- Ability to configure Cisco switches and Firewalls for wireless network provisioning. Domain expertise ranging from RF, WLAN, Layer 2/3 switching, WLAN controller design, implementation, protocols and architecture
- Knowledge of Cisco devices such as Identity Service Engine (ISE), Mobility Services Engine (MSE), and Prime
- Experience with building out network, design/documentation
- Routing/Switching on a Large-Scale Network
- Deep understanding of WLAN technologies, network management, and security, including IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN standards and industry best practices
- Experience implementing high-density Wi-Fi solutions
- Design, deployment, and support of a large WLAN infrastructure
- Experience testing wireless products including access points, controllers and other WLAN infrastructure and client devices for evaluation
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!