HR & Payroll Specialist
A DC based Public Affairs consulting firm in DC is seeking an HR & Payroll Specialist to support a Grassroots Campaign. Seeking a detail oriented and organized candidate who can work in a high volume and fast-paced environment. Interested candidates may apply online or reach out to the Sparks Group office directly at 202-463-5100.
· Oversee hiring process to include issuing offer letters, reviewing new hire paperwork and verifying I-9’s via HR software platform Zenefits
· Manage workflow to ensure all new hire information feeds from Zenefits to ADP Workforce Now
· Enter employees in ADP Workforce Now time and attendance in a timely manner to ensure they are set up for time entry and payroll processing
· Verify timesheets prior to payroll processing
· Consistently and accurately process payroll in ADP Workforce Now for approximately 500+ employees in multiple locations
· Process payroll to include direct deposit, paper checks and ALINE pay cards
· Process terminations in Zenefits and ADP Workforce Now
· Process final payments to terminated employees
· Conduct year-end reporting for W-2’s, etc.
· Oversee and track web-based sexual harassment training for managers
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
· 2+ years experience with HR administration
· 2+ years experience processing multi-state payroll
· Experience with ADP Workforce Now and ALINE pay cards preferred
· Working knowledge of payroll best practices
· Ability to communicate with various levels of management
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often with quick turnaround times and deadlines;
· Must possess a positive and professional demeanor to work with clients and colleagues;
· Willingness to troubleshoot, be self-motivated, and work independently;
· Excellent organizational skills, and a strong attention to detail;
· The ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines.
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!