Senior Project/Client Manager - Healthcare
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Senior Project/Client Manager - Healthcare Dewberry's Fairfax, VA office is seeking a Senior Project Manager/Client Manager to act as primary contact between our office and the Owner; effectively manage projects from concept through design, bidding, negotiation, and construction administration to winning the next project with same client. Based on candidates healthcare credentials and knowledge of Mid-Atlantic regional market, including existing client relationships and ability to establish new client relationship, acquire new healthcare projects. Work closely with the client to anticipate and avoid problems. Quickly solve problems that arise. Work with multi-disciplined team to provide first rate engineering documents that meet client’s needs, project specifications and governing standards/codes. Assist the client to achieve their professional goals and that of their organization and in general, doing whatever is necessary to maintain a Client for Life.
- Maintain primary one-to-one contact with the client.
- Understand the client's needs and goals and that of his/her organization.
- Draft proposals for new projects with existing clients for review and signature of the Principal In Charge of Business and track proposals through award of project. Work with client to develop additional work.
- Attend regular design meetings with the client and issue meeting minutes.
- As project manager; lead, organize, and schedule design team staff.
- Organize and direct frequent in-house design meetings.
- Primary responsibility for the approval and oversight of design and construction documents within the applicable area of progressive technical experience including signing and sealing of documents as Engineer or Record.
- Prepare detailed personnel loading by task interfaced with the detailed schedule.
- Coordinate with Design Discipline Managers to schedule, plan and assign appropriate personnel.
- Prepare storyboards and detailed project timeline.
- Organize and maintain project design folder.
- Document meetings and telephone conversations.
- Provide quality control to ensure that all of the clients' needs and requests have been accommodated. Ensure and coordinate among all of the disciplines involved, including outside consultants.
- Provide 'on-the-spot' advice and decisions to Owner.
- Advise on project billing and assist in collections.
- Supervise and coordinate the submission of documents to the appropriate reviewing authorities (DOI, SCO, DHSR, DFS, IRI, etc.)
- Coordinate the responses to reviews. Ensure that responses are in fact reflected in the drawings and specifications.
- Arrange for in-house quality review in a timely fashion.
- Arrange and attend pre-bid conferences and issue meeting minutes and addenda.
- Conduct bid openings and prepare / issue certified bid tabulation. Coordinate as required to ensure CA phase of the project puts Dewberry in positive standing with Client at all times.
- Perform site visits, inspections, and commissioning activities as required to support the Construction Administration requirements.
- Assist with recruiting, evaluating, and making recommendations regarding new employees to support MEP healthcare practice.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Accomplished (15+ years of healthcare experience) Professional Engineer (PE) in at least one of the following jurisdictions: VA, MD, DC.
- Knowledgeable of construction process, familiar with AIA contracts.
- USGBC LEED Accreditation is preferred.
- Self-motivated with highly developed verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Well organized, with good understanding of healthcare plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems with general knowledge of applicable codes, national standards, client design standards, system operation, space requirements, and cost.