Accountant / Administrative Assistant
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. The Accountant / Administrative Assistant will work directly with the Shareholders of Dewberry and the Director of Real Estate Services. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Financial record-keeping to support all aspects of commercial and residential real estate management including contracts, leases, construction, land development, and property management.Working with company accounting department, individual shareholders, tenants, lenders, insurance and professional service providers.General administrative duties include filing, initiating correspondence, drafting and updating spreadsheets, handling telephones for the department, performing internet research, email management, coordinating meetings, handling supplies, equipment maintenance, and performing other general office duties as required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with executive level administrative support and financial records keeping.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel -- Must demonstrate ability to design a spreadsheet to capture information and present it in an understandable form for owners and management decision-making, and must have proficiency in math (particularly algebra).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, competence with English grammar and composition in general correspondence.
- At least 2 years’ study of accounting coursework, preferably at a college level, and experience in applied accounting – balance sheet, general ledger, cash journal. Prefer experience with real estate practices and procedures, including commercial property management.
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment, manage priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining confidentiality, discretion & professionalism, and possess a high level of initiative and good judgment.