Resilience Planner -Intern
5 days left
- Full Time
Dewberry is seeking an intern(s) for a Resilience Planner. This position will support the Resilience Solutions Group (RSG) and the Integrated Resilience Solutions (IRS) Branch with building capabilities, and winning and executing projects, related to Community Resilience and other related service lines. The intern position will support a variety of tasks related to resilience planning: hazard mitigation planning, community outreach and engagement, research, report development, presentations and/or decision support applications. Related areas of technical focus for this position include but are not limited to: climate change adaptation, sea level rise, extreme heat, forecasting, demographic and economic analysis, research and planning primarily related to Federal agencies (FEMA/FIMA, USGS, NOAA, EPA and US F&WS), Cooperating Technical Partners, and local communities. Technical responsibilities include:
- Performs analysis of large datasets using ArcGIS and other related software. Visualizes results for presentation.Prepares studies, reports and other technical documentation and guidance documents.Develops and conducts outreach for community resilience projects.Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of technical principles related to resilience to projects.Works on other related projects within RSG/IRS in order to acquire supplementary technical and programmatic knowledge/skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written formats technical information related to flood hazards and resilience in projects, presentations and papers, as well as facilitate community meetings with diverse stakeholders.Proficiency in performing the following analyses in ArcGIS:
- Data feature extraction/compilation;Creation of a variety of digital mapping products using various software platforms;Capture and analysis of data;Creation and manipulation of databases;
- Responsibilities may occasionally require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Occasionally, will be required to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.Telephones, faxes, copiers, printers and computers are all used frequently to perform tasks.Work is typically performed within the office although field/site visits are occasionally required.