Energy Solutions BAS/Automation Engineer
3 days left
- Full Time
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is currently looking for an Energy Solutions BAS/Automation Engineer to join our Energy Solutions Group. Significant tasks include designing, reviewing, estimating and purchasing BAS and Automation systems, related components, and incorporating them into Energy Solution projects, or on a standalone basis.
- Develop and apply risk identification and management tools – that are applicable to the type and complexity of the project.
- Ensure BAS systems are compliance with client design requirements.
- Liaise with project stakeholders (Building Owners, Contractors, Architects, Engineers, and management) on an ongoing basis.
- Apply Dewberry engineering standards as well as industry standards i.e. executing work according to applicable industry standards ASHRAE , ASME, NFPA, Building Commissioning Association to ensure compliance with codes and project quality delivery.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with project team members and other stakeholders.
- Utilize open BAS protocols and communications - BACnet, LON, MODBUS, Ethernet, Web-Services, html, and others to achieve client BAS requirements.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Prepare and review BAS Automation designs, drawings, bills of materials, diagrams and graphics.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and develop contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the team, including suppliers, subcontractors and teaming partners.