Survey Field Technician
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is currently seeking a responsible, highly motivated, and detail oriented Survey Instrument Operator to join our Land Surveying department Baltimore, MD. The selected candidate must be able to work in a team environment as a member of a survey crew assisting in the performance of boundary, ALTA, topographic, right-of way acquisition, transmission line, transportation, and construction surveys utilizing the latest equipment and surveying technology.The position has opportunity for advancement for motivated individuals willing to learn the skills and technology required of a Land Surveyor.
- Assist the field supervisor with all aspects of the daily crew workload.
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
- Ensure safekeeping of equipment and that vehicles are supplied and kept in an orderly fashion ready for duty.
- Previous surveying experience highly preffered but not required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong mathematical skills
- Basic computer skills
- Effective communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a driving record check and drug screen
- Record of dependability
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is a plus
- Must be physically able to work outdoors in all terrain and weather conditions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Must be available for overtime as needed
- Must have flexibility in work assignments and geographic locations
- Travel for extended periods (with per diem) may be required