Senior Cross Border Specialist CG-1101-14
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation is authorized.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Employee may be relocated to any duty location to meet management needs.
High Risk Position - Background Investigation (BI) required.
Registration with the Selective Service.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the 13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience gained in both of the following: (1) developing, implementing, analyzing, and addressing recommendations on cross-border issues such as funding, liquidity, or change of control related to the resolution strategies, insolvency or resolution plans under the Dodd-Frank Act for a Global Systemically Important Financial Institution and (2) developing, implementing, analyzing and addressing recommendations on cross-border resolution issues such as funding, liquidity, or change of control being considered by or within the Financial Stability Board
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 or higher in the online assessment to be determined "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
1. Knowledge of domestic and international financial institutions and international banking practices, the structure of the financial services industry.
2. Knowledge of the interrelationships between the U. S. banking system and international, national and regional economic conditions.
3. Knowledge of the banking laws, regulations, policies, financial issues and trends affecting countries in the assigned geographic region.
4. Knowledge of banking, accounting and finance principles governing SIFIs.
5. Knowledge of FDIC laws, rules, regulations, programs, policies and procedures related to financial institution supervision, examination, resolutions, and receiverships.
6. Ability to plan and implement communication, coordination, and outreach activities across regional regulators and international financial entities.
7. Skill in developing oral presentations on complex financial industry issues to executive leaders.
8. Ability to develop written communications such as speeches, position papers, and other technical products.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
Writing sample may be conducted at the time of interview.
To preview questions please click here.