General Administration Supervisor I/Coordinator I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
CINA Financial and Administrative Specialist
The George Mason University DHS CINA Center for Excellence is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to coordinate all the financial and administrative activities for the Center. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Centerâ€™s primary objective is to serve as an academic hub for thought leadership and for the emergence of novel solutions to support the Homeland Security enterprise in its efforts to effectively predict, detect, identify, monitor, track, disrupt, thwart, and ultimately dismantle transnational criminal organizations and other illicit actors. The Center is part of the Office of Research and is funded in part by a DHS multi-year, multi-fund grant.
The CINA Financial and Administration Specialist will report directly to the CINA Director and will provide general administrative support to the Center.
Duties will focus on all aspects of administration for the CINA Center including:
- Tracking and forecasting project expense activity;
- Processing employee related paperwork including funding change forms for labor distribution changes; entering EPAFs in Banner; and maintaining personnel spreadsheets and records;
- Processing direct expenses (i.e., travel, consultant payments, subcontract invoicing, purchasing of goods) and labor allocations;
- Conducting monthly reconciliations;
- Coordinating with the Office of Sponsored Programs;
- Assisting with events management;
- Providing general administrative support for the CINA Director and CINA Science Manager. Required Qualifications:
- Must have demonstrated successful experience in administrative management or coordination in an academic setting (3 or more years preferred), preferably with research units and/or grants management, to include HR, purchasing, events management, and other general administrative support.
- Must hold a Bachelors Degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be flexible, inquisitive, resourceful, detail-oriented, creative and ethical.
- Must have highly developed time-management, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a diverse and collaborative environment.
- Must be able to effectively coordinate and communicate with faculty, staff and administrators across multiple disciplines.
- Must be ability to effectively interpret and apply federal, state, Mason and sponsor rules and regulations to sponsored projects.
- Must have knowledge of general financial and accounting principles.
- Must have sponsored program and/or university experience.
- Must be able to foster an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and high-quality customer service.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Products â€“ especially Excel. Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, or accounting.
- Knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance regulations, state, Mason and sponsor rules and regulations related to grant management.
- Earned a Certified Research Administrator (CRA) or Certified Financial Research Administrator (CFRA) certifications, or GMU Research Administration Certificate, or NCURA (National Council of University Research Administrators) Certification, and/or SRA (Society of Research Administrators) certification, or Project Management Professional Certification.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :