Director, Customer Success
The Director, Customer Success plays a key role within United Way Worldwide’s (UWW) Customer Success team by building and advancing the strategies, processes, and culture to empower world-class customer support, service and success. United Way Worldwide has partnered with Salesforce on the new Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud (SPC). United Way Worldwide’s Customer Success team serves a growing base of SPC users and helps drive full product adoption, utilization, satisfaction, and value. By ensuring that users are satisfied and are receiving high value in their use of the Philanthropy Cloud platform we help ensure improved donor retention, engagement, and revenue for United Ways, and impact in the communities that United Way serves. The Director’s core focus will be on ensuring outstanding and cost effective user support through all Tiers of support, including oversight of United Way’s SPC contact center(s).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
Provide day to day leadership for user support platform
- Manage the relationships with and performance of the user support contact center(s) to ensure we are meeting or exceeding agreed on goals and performance metrics [e.g. satisfaction, response time, service levels, budget, user retention]
- Manage the relationships with our contact center partner(s) and vendor(s) to ensure high quality customer service, cost effective delivered.
- Build and manage the quality assurance processes for user support
- Develop and execute a content management strategy for the user support knowledge base
- Provide ongoing oversight and management of all aspects of Tier-0 (self-service), and Tier-1 through Tier-2 user support
Project/process management and improvement
- Lead initiatives to strengthen infrastructure, enhance user support effectiveness and cost efficiency, and improve the value generated for customers
- In partnership with IT, provide leadership and project management for identified technology solution(s) selection, configuration, integration and enhancements
- Build and execute on project plans that ensure informed and engaged stakeholders and on-time, on-budget, and on-spec completion of projects.
- Learn from and apply best practices, develop continuous improvement plans and make recommendations based upon the employee and customer insights
- Deliver cost efficiencies and increases in customer satisfaction scores
- Design and lead strategy for collecting, analyzing, and using network-wide operational and performance data to improve performance and inform strategic direction
Build transparency, trust and accountability
- Build and maintain reporting and communication processes to guide performance management for contact center partners, support corporate users in maximizing the value of SPC, and keep stakeholders within the United Way network informed on a regular basis.
- Represent Customer Success team and engage with internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams at UWW to elevate and align Customer Success’ work with other priorities
- Cultivate partnerships with leaders of local United Ways nationwide and serve as a primary point of contact at UWW
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
- 5 to 10 years of related experience
- Proven experience making great customer service a reality for your team/organization
- Experience in contact center management
- Experience in a large organization with a network structure
- Vendor management and contract negotiation
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects, processes, and budgets
- Demonstrated relationship management expertise, including the ability to build internal and external partnerships, garnering stakeholder support, and building consensus
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of staff