Justice Federal Credit Union seeks a Mortgage Counselor to process first mortgage applications. Responsibilities include loan origination, processing and loan closings.
Duties for this position include:
- Interviews members applying for first mortgages
- Accepts telephone inquiries from members on mortgage products and other credit union products and services
- Assists members complete mortgage applications
- Processes and closes first mortgage applications to include: ordering credit reports, ordering appraisal, ordering title search, requesting verification of deposit, employment and other information deemed necessary to make an underwriting decision, prepare closing package and disbursement of funds
- Ensures prompt follow-up on requested documentation to guarantee timely underwriting decisions
- Prepares loan packages for underwriting
- Helps coordinate loan closings, prepare loan closing packages and performs post-closing audits
- Ensures compliance with federally regulated disclosure requirements
- Assists in the servicing of mortgage loans and escrow accounts
Required knowledge and Abilities:.
- Associate degree or equivalent mortgage industry experience required
- Minimum of three (3) year of credit union and or other related financial experience desired
- Minimum of two (2) year of mortgage experience desired