Coordinator, Learning Logistics
The Lead Associate is a member of the Learning & Conferencing team and plays a key role in ensuring that our customers have great experiences when attending our learning courses. This position ensures a seamless delivery of our trainings from pre-, onsite and post-event. The major components of this position include learning logistics, registration, customer service, and financial acumen to include producing contracts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Responsible for course registration and management of integrated online learning catalog, database and calendar.
- Manage the course registration process. This includes accurately developing the online registration page, managing cancelations, transfers, refunds, printing name badges, sending confirmations, etc.
- Provide exceptional customer service by dealing directly with customers by telephone, electronically or face-to-face. Respond promptly to customer inquiries. Handle and resolve customer complaints.
Logistics – Support for Courses:
- Assist in the scheduling of courses and the facilitator recruitment.
- Manage room set-up and the ordering catering.
- Schedule and attend facilitator briefing calls.
- Prepare learning materials including name badges, attendee rosters, facilitator guides, participant packets, program certificates and handouts in conjunction with the print shop. This includes shipping of materials as applicable.
- Assist in the development and production of course books and materials. Make appropriate updates in the layout, design and organization of materials using brand guidelines.
- Provide on-site customer service for learning courses held locally which require varied work hours.
- Act as logistics liaison for off-site learning (e.g. hosted by local United Ways) and ensure that all arrangements have been done to guarantee a smooth delivery.
- Inventory and maintain the course supplies.
- Prepare and send the course evaluations and provide summaries.
- Communicate with and provide assistance to United Ways, both locally and worldwide, and United Way Worldwide staff.
- Manage the flex credit process and review and approve/reject flex credit requests.
- Develop individual program budgets (e.g. course budgets) and budgets for new products.
- Review and process all levels of contracts (e.g., facilitator, host city).
- Liaison with vendors and the finance team.
- Prepare and process payment requests in an accurate and timely manner, including team’s expenses.
- Reconcile course registration.
- Reconcile against the general ledger and trouble-shoot discrepancies.
- Manage the work order numbering (taxonomy) system.
- Obtain CFRE, HRCI, CPE and other certifications for events and participants.
- Support webinars and virtual conferences.
- Provide back-up support for the Mary Gates Learning Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Requires a high school diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least five years of experience in a logistics, event planning or similar role. Must be able to adjust schedule and/or work overtime to staff events (most events are during business hours; there are many events that go through early evening and occasional events on weekends). Requires strong skills in Microsoft Office suite, computer and Internet research skills; flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, prioritize and manage work load to ensure timely achievement of deliverables; and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Attention to detail is essential. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills (written and verbal), and a clear ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Able to lift and move items up to 25 lbs. Experience in Adobe Acrobat is a plus.