Project Manager (Facility Task Manager)
Join The Winning Team…Team SoBran - We are an industry leader in designing professional animal care programs, managing animal facilities, and providing high quality technical support for laboratory animal research projects. At SoBran, we care about people. SoBran's success hinges on our employees. We maintain a professional environment and ensure that our people have the tools and training to achieve; and opportunities for learning and advancement. Our employees' individual talents contribute to our success! We thank you for your interest in SoBran.
SoBran is currently seeking a Project Manager (Facility Task Manager) to serve at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.
OVERVIEW: Responsibilities of this position are that of a Project/Task Manager for SoBran’s animal care contracts. The function of the Project Manager is to manage and lead the people assigned to the task in such a way that the work is accomplished in accordance with SOPs, policies and guidelines associated with the expectations of their facilities. They are to serve as the subject matter expert in all areas of the facility. This person is expected to be familiar with the day-to-day activities, personnel and issues within the facilities they manage. We expect the task managers to be forward thinking and create plans to mitigate potential risks within their tasks. The Project/Task Manager must have strong supervisory skills and be capable of exercising and maintaining complete control of the employees and work performed on the task. The Project/Task Manager will assist program management in the efficient allocation of the budget, write and maintain reports and develop and maintain an effective relationship with the Government staff. This person will act as a liaison between contract and Government personnel, work with the human resources department in the hiring, disciplining, promoting and termination of personnel.
Essential Duties of the Project Manager I:
- Understands and ensures staff follows all SOP’s and Quality Assurance Standards
- Develops and fosters effective teamwork with staff and management team
- Sets and clarifies goals for staff, prioritizes and coordinates work schedules
- Leads by example in ways that exceeds the expectation of the staff
- Uses imagination and creativity when seeking solutions to problems, considers the
potential impact on other areas of the program
- Maintains and fosters good working relationship with clients on a daily basis
- Performs weekly walk-throughs with Government Facility Manager
- Works with the client to provide resolutions to operational issues/concerns in a timely
- Assists in training classes
- Interviews potential applicants for open positions
- Creates the daily and monthly report
- Conducts disciplinary sessions and performance reviews
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
Schedule: Work hours are 7:00 am to 3:30 pm M-F. Weekends work is required as scheduled. The weekend hours are from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. In addition, extra work hours are expected during an emergency situation or if any unexpected situation should arise until work is completed.
Experience Required: 3-5 years of management experience in the Laboratory Animal field with increasing levels of responsibility, and 5 years of veterinary technical experience in the Laboratory Animal field working with multiple species.
Employees’ appointed to the position of Project/Task Manager must meet one of the following standards prior to appointment:
- An Associate’s degree in Veterinary Technology
- A Bachelor’s degree in one of the Physical Sciences, Animal Sciences, or related discipline
Certification: Employees must hold an AALAS certification at the LATg, or CMAR level
SoBran, is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.