We are seeking candidates with a background in software development, Linux systems administration, systems engineering, or DevOps to support a stable and well-established program responsible for maintaining several web applications, databases, and application servers.
This offers an excellent opportunity to gain professional experience towards a DevOps or system engineering role.
- Installation of COTS and GOTS applications onto Linux or UNIX servers.
- Assist in the day to day administration of a wide array of servers including application servers used in production and test environments.
- Troubleshoot problems in production and test environments and work alongside developers and other team members to ensure timely resolution.
- Create and modify scripts to perform automation of server functions, and work alongside other team members to gradually improve automation within the environment.
- Three or more years of experience in application development, application support, systems engineering, or UNIX/Linux systems administration.
- Strong experience working with scripting language such as Bash, Python, Ruby, or Perl. Experience with software development in a non-compiled language would be considered. Experience automating servers utilizing DevOps tools would be considered.
- Experience working with UNIX/Linux servers, including but not limited to Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris.
- Experience working with relational or non-relational databases including MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, or MongoDB.
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!