We are seeking candidates with a background in software development, Linux systems administration, systems engineering, or DevOps to support a stable and well-established program responsible for maintaining several web applications, databases, and application servers.
This offers an excellent opportunity to gain professional experience towards a DevOps or system engineering role.
- Installation of COTS and GOTS applications onto Linux or UNIX servers.
- Assist in the day to day administration of a wide array of servers including application servers used in production and test environments.
- Troubleshoot problems in production and test environments and work alongside developers and other team members to ensure timely resolution.
- Create and modify scripts to perform automation of server functions, and work alongside other team members to gradually improve automation within the environment.
- Three or more years of experience in application development, application support, systems engineering, or UNIX/Linux systems administration.
- Strong experience working with scripting language such as Bash, Python, Ruby, or Perl. Experience with software development in a non-compiled language would be considered. Experience automating servers utilizing DevOps tools would be considered.
- Experience working with UNIX/Linux servers, including but not limited to Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris.
- Experience working with relational or non-relational databases including MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, or MongoDB.
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Apply for Systems Developer/Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly