Pricing and Decision Support Analyst
Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Pricing and Decision Support Analyst to provide support to the Manager, Pricing Analysis and Decision Support on various projects, which will require both quantitative and financial analysis.
The Pricing and Decision Support Analyst is responsible for researching, tracking, and analyzing a variety of information about prospects and customer’s information and data to support the Manager, Pricing and Decision Support to provide insights and financial impact on pricing and product offer plans.
- Extract, research and analyze large relational datasets; and mine data in support of product and pricing migration.
- Review and report on information to assist in the monitoring of the effectiveness of migration strategy to date and create reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Research, track, and analyze a variety of information about prospects and customers to provide data analysis on product and market information.
- Obtain customer, prospect and subscription data from multiple sources, and develop database logic to extract required information. Work to programmatically create reports and improve upon existing reports.
- Coordinate with Commercial Strategy team and other groups within Bloomberg BNA to organize customer research projects in support of Pricing and Commercial Strategy.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
3+ years’ experience in analysis, database experience in a marketing environment, and managing databases is required; market and product experience in addition to strong analytical skills; proven working experience with research and analysis; expertise regarding data models, data mining and segmentation techniques; strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy; adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings; strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools, especially MS Access (tables, queries, reports), MS Excel (formulas, macros, pivot tables, formatting), PowerPoint and Word; strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent organizational and problem solving skills; ability to research, review and assemble information and determine logical conclusions and recommendations based on data and information from multiple disparate sources; excellent research, business math, and analytical skills to extract, interpret, and analyze data for ongoing analysis; ability to research, review and assemble information and determine logical conclusions or recommendations based on readily available data and information; excellent attention to detail; ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks at once under stringent deadlines; ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment with an ability to build relationships and collaborate with others; Bachelor’s degree with courses in business, mathematics, statistics or appropriate combination of education and experience required.
Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
Apply for Pricing and Decision Support Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly