A Minority Construction Firm / Contractor is actively seeking an Experienced Minority Project Estimator to team up remotely in DC Metro Area. Active in Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Building, Underground Utilities and Related Structures Construction.
Create construction cost, scheduling and logistic models by setting priorities, collecting, analyzing and studying project related information. effectively implement the overall estimating and preconstruction planning process with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Develop estimates and lump sum bidding.
- Coordinate and direct the estimating, scheduling, and preconstruction purchasing functions a
- Develop and monitor the preconstruction budget for the project.
- Conduct preconstruction operation review meetings
- Participate in meetings with the owner, architect, and engineer including being available to review all aspects of the project and its budget and provide advice and counsel as needed.
- Quality control and processes assurance.
- Review all drawings and specifications and bring any issues to the attention of the architect.
- May have overall responsibility for Purchasing, Estimating and/or Logistics.
- May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in construction science, construction management.
- Knowledge in estimating, construction cost, scheduling, purchasing, and construction techniques.
- Strong computer skills. Comfortable with Office, Estimating, and Project Management softwares.
- Ability to understand drawings, specifications, and takeoff.
- Strong verbal, communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and accurately forecasting a budget.
- Self motivated, energetic, well organized.
- Must have transportation and valid driver's license. NO CRIMINAL RECORD.
Please submit resume and portfolio of successfully estimated and completed projects to Info@YazConstruction.com. Experience and Knowledge is a MUST.