The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE), a non-profit membership association of over 200,000 current and retired federal employees, is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the earned pay, retirement and health care benefits of federal employees, retirees and their survivors and providing the information and guidance needed to understand and maximize complex federal benefits. NARFE is the go-to resource for the federal community, policy makers, the media and the press on issues related to legislation and federal benefits.
We are currently seeking a Political Associate to run the day-to-day administration of NARFE’s $1.5 million political action committee (NARFE-PAC) activities, disbursements, solicitations, fundraising efforts, and member communications. Additionally, the Associate will:
- Develop solicitation strategies and programs to increase PAC awareness and participation.
- Create content for and distribute NARFE-PAC promotional materials, including brochures, contribution forms, incentives, etc.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between congressional campaign committees and NARFE-PAC, and between NARFE members and NARFE-PAC.
- Coordinate NARFE staff and member attendance at congressional campaign fundraisers.
- Ensure compliance with federal registrations and reports, and track program expenses.
- Be responsible for meeting NARFE-PAC contribution goals set at the beginning of the cycle.
You should have a bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience in government relations, public policy, campaigns, or on Capitol Hill. You should also have:
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to be a self-starter
Our office is conveniently located near Braddock Road metro station in Old Town, Alexandria. We provide our employees with a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life, 401(k), transit/parking, flexible spending accounts, 10 paid holidays, 15 days of vacation and 10 days of sick leave.
Come join NARFE and help us protect the earned rights and benefits of our federal employees. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. NARFE is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.