Assistant Coach, Wrestling
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience
Web Announcement :
Assistant Coach, Wrestling
George Mason University Intercollegiate Athletics invites applications for an Assistant Coach, Wrestling. This is a full-time, 12-month position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
George Mason University is a member of the Atlantic 10 (A-10) and participates in the Eastern Wrestling League (EWL).
Responsibilities: Teaching and Coaching:
- Utilize sound teaching techniques in the conduct of game preparation and practice sessions;
- Assist in making strategic decisions in contest situations;
- Effectively prepare and organize preseason, in-season, and postseason conditioning programs and practice sessions;
- Oversee the strength and conditioning development of the athletes;
- Assist the Head Coach in the evaluation of the student-athlete; and
- Be aware and maintain a safe and healthy environment for the student-athlete. Department, University, Conference and NCAA Compliance:
- Abide by and promote the aims, goals and objectives established by the Athletic Director and Head Coach;
- Abide by and promote the policies, guidelines, rules, regulations and criteria established by the Athletic Director and Head Coach for the student-athlete;
- Know, understand and assure that the student-athletes abide by all the university, Eastern Wrestling League (EWL), and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules and regulations;
- Know, understand and abide by all university, EWL and NCAA rules and regulations;
- Be aware and abide by the rules of confidentiality (Buckley Amendment);
- Understand and abide by proper procedures of due process in dealing with the student-athlete and staff;
- Follow the administrative procedures established by the university and written up in the Department Staff Handbook; and
- Assist Head Coach in developing and implementing the overall recruiting strategy to effectively recruit the best student-athlete within the admissions, financial and regulatory constraints established by the university, EWL and NCAA. Team Liaison: Act as team liaison to:
- Equipment Office staff to order, monitor and control all team equipment; and
- Business Office and Coaches Support Assistant on program operations, logistics, planning and team travel. Fundraising:
- Participate in fundraising efforts and special events. Required Qualifications:
- Advanced degree or a combination of training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree;
- Demonstrated experience coaching at the college level and/or professional experience in the field of wrestling; and
- Must be knowledgeable of and adhere to NCAA, conference and state rules and regulations.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA352z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by March 25, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-04-23