Senior Service America, Inc. is recruiting for a HR Specialist position within the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program that provides support to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in Washington, D.C.
Roles & Responsibilities
Support implementation and management of various HR Programs including Worker's Compensation and the Drug Free Workplace Programs. Support the Worker's Compensation Program:
- Assist all employees and supervisors with timely filing injury compensation from after an injury occurs
- Use AQs to review and conduct quarterly and annually OWCP case reconciliation
- Answer complex workers' compensation questions and provide guidance
- Update the agency-wide WC Policy, including creating a return to work program
- Review Long Term Cases and coordinator with various stakeholders to support return work as appropriate
Qualifications & Education Requirements
Successful candidates must meet the age requirements of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States; able to pass a Federal Background check; HS/GED, some college (desirable); Minimum of 5 year of related experience in office of Workers Compensation Program and Drug Free Workplace Programs; previous training in eComp, AQS, random testing/testing designated positions, HR Information System; Must have the ability to use Windows Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
Hours & Compensation
Full-time position working 40 hours per week, plus benefits including paid health insurance and generous vacation/sick/holiday leave.