The purpose of this position is to plan, develop, and implement multichannel marketing campaigns in order to achieve sales goals, broaden the audience of customers, and increase customer loyalty to ASHA's for-sale products. This position assists in the development of branding strategies and marketing plans to support ASHA’s suite of products in order to maximize non-dues revenue. This position works closely with content development teams to identify opportunities and collaborate in the development and marketing of products. This position manages the package design of physical and virtual products. This position is involved in developing market research instruments; analyzing sales reporting and identifying buyer segments; reporting on marketplace and consumer trends; and providing an ongoing analysis of the competitive landscape to support planning and decision-making.
- Plans, develops, and executes multichannel marketing initiatives that communicate the ASHA brand promise to individual and institutional customers.
- Develops and writes creative, effective marketing pieces that communicate the quality and benefits of ASHA products in order to maximize sales and support the ASHA brand.
- Works closely with the Marketing Director and internal stakeholders in developing marketing plans and branding strategies.
- Assists the Marketing Director and stakeholders in the development and fielding of market research, including question development and list selects. Stays abreast of customer and marketplace trends, competitive information, sales data, and campaign tracking data to help inform decisions about marketing initiatives and content development, and new and existing products.
- Initiates and manages package creation for ASHA products, as assigned. Manages external vendors in the production of associated components of products.
- Forecasts marketing revenue and expenses to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Coordinates marketing initiatives with other members of the Marketing Team and provides back-up support, as needed. Assists in other marketing initiatives as needed, including, but not limited to, writing copy for special promotions and providing support, as necessary, for live bookstore events.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Marketing and/or Business Management. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of marketing experience in a similar position in either a non-profit or corporate organization.
- Excellent copywriting skills with proven results to effectively communicate relevant, engaging marketing messages to different audiences.
- Experience in developing and executing multiple, integrated cross-channel campaigns touching on brand marketing objectives, using print advertising, e-mail marketing, social media opportunities, mobile technology, and other marketing tactics.
- Experience that shows strategic, creative, and analytical thinking.
- Experience with marketing continuing education courses a plus.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Experience in strategic planning and seeing "the big picture" and in execution of marketing initiatives.
- Experience in identifying the customer need and the marketing of products using the full marketing mix of product, price, promotion, and multiple sales channels.
- Excellent copywriting, proofing, and editing of marketing communications, including feedback to graphic designers on layout and design.
- Experience in developing and interpreting sales reports and tracking the results of campaigns, in order to make ongoing recommendations and to execute new initiatives targeted to the appropriate audiences.
- Experience in developing marketing survey tools to increase learning about the behavior of buyers and prospects. Ability to interpret results to aid in business decisions.
- Familiarity with Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and best practices.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office software suite; familiarity with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) databases, Google Analytics, and Excel Pivot Tables.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to bring new energy, fresh thinking, and innovative ideas to the marketing strategy and t he implementation of marketing tactics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively will other units.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong, proactive approach and shows initiative in order to complete projects.
- Excellent creative problem-solving abilities with a high degree of confidence in decision-making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines through the use of excellent organizational skills. Attention to detail a must.