Supervisory Market Analyst (Deputy Director)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to perform at an executive level.
Experience evaluating significant market conditions and emerging market dynamics, developments, and trends and providing accurate and meaningful information and experience monitoring new developments in derivatives trading and industry practices, and other market issues, and adapting work products in response to such developments.
Relocation. Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Probationary Period. Candidates selected under competitive examining procedures will subject to a one year probationary period to include a supervisory probationary period.
EEO Policy Statement. The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation. Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
The law prohibits public officials from appointing, promoting, or recommending their relatives. The law prohibits requesting, making, transmitting, accepting, or considering political recommendations for employment or other personnel actions for non-political positions. This includes recommendations from Members of Congress, Congressional employees, elected state or local officials, and political party officials and any recommendation based on party affiliation.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A panel of subject matter experts will review your application and it will be placed in one of three predefined categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified based on the criteria described above. Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference who have supplied all appropriate documentation will be listed at the top of the category in which they are placed. Minimally qualified preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category. Best Qualified applicants will be referred to the Selecting Official first.
You will be evaluated on the following technical and leadership requirements. Please ensure that your cover letter and resume address these qualifications.
1. Leading Change - The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People - The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Inherent is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven -The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen - The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions - The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
1. In-depth knowledge and thorough comprehension of economic theory, the operation of the futures, option, and swap markets and the economy in general, so as to assess and understand problems of critical importance to the Commission.
2. In-depth knowledge of the Commodity Exchange Act and the Commission’s regulations and policies relating to the derivatives market, as well as, an in-depth knowledge of the operation of exchange market and trade practice programs and procedures.
3. Ability to invent new techniques or creatively apply existing techniques or knowledge in order to solve problems posed by complexity, size, lack of existing literature, or unavailability of data.
To preview questions please click here.