Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
OR Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
2. A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
3. Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
In addition to meeting the Basic Requirement, applicants must meet the Specialized Experience requirements.
GS-05: Meeting the basic requirement for this series qualifies candidates at the GS-05 level.
GS-07: At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-05. Examples of qualifying include assisting with accounting and audit reviews of financial programs; assisting with oversight tasks related to financial planning and administration of accounting systems; assisting testing and monitoring cash controls.
GS-09: At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07. Examples of qualifying include performing accounting and audit reviews of financial programs; completing oversight tasks related to financial planning and administration of accounting systems; testing and monitoring cash controls to ensure they are functioning properly; and reviewing budgets for organization activities/programs.
GS-11: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09. Examples of qualifying include professional, comprehensive knowledge of theories, practices, methods and techniques of accounting. Practice experience with accounting and accounting related systems. Planning of accounting branch assignments, resolution of problems, changes to work commitments. Has knowledge of fiscal law statutes, transactions and systems.
GS-12: one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11. Examples of qualifying include professional, comprehensive knowledge of theories, practices, methods and techniques of accounting. Practice experience with accounting and accounting related systems. Planning of accounting branch assignments, resolution of problems, changes to work commitments. Has knowledge of fiscal law statutes, transactions and systems.
GS-13: one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12. Examples of qualifying include professional, comprehensive knowledge of theories, practices, methods and techniques of accounting. performing nonappropriated funds oversight, including accounting and audit reviews of financial programs; providing professional accounting and financial management oversight and financial analysis; develop and conduct local internal control reviews; testing and monitoring cash controls to ensure they are functioning properly; evaluating the income and expense of budget based on historical data, current trends, economic forecasts, local financial goals, and organizational goals/objectives.
GS-14: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13. Examples of qualifying include professional, comprehensive knowledge accounting principles, concepts, theories, and laws as they pertain to Federal accounting requirements practices and laws, OSD and Air Force financial improvement initiatives, the US standard government general ledger, the CFO Act, Federal Financial Accounting Standards, the DoD Financial Management Regulation, OMB Circulars, and other higher Government mandates.
GS-15: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level in the Federal service, which has equipped applicants with the particular knowledge, skill, and abilities at a mastery level to successfully perform the duties of the position.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of accounting theories, concepts, principles, and practices of accounting and financial management.
2. Knowledge of missions, functions, programs, goals, objectives, work processes, and sources of funding pertinent to accounting organizations.
3. Knowledge of sources of factual information about and related to processes of accounting systems, such as that found in accounting reports, payroll, records, work reports, or inventory and supply data.
4. Knowledge of automated data processing concepts, systems capabilities, and economic usage to effectively complete accounting assignments.
5. Skill in formulating, justifying, and/or reconciling assigned accounting systems projects/programs.
6. Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze data to reconcile timely and accurate accounting reporting, develop alternative, and make recommendations to resolve accounting system problems.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Direct Hire Authority- May be used to fill temporary, term, or permanent position and can be filled at the part-time or fill-time work schedule
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-05 Target GS-13).
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No