Employee Health RN/WC Case Mgr
Care. Compassion. Community.
This person is expected to provide excellent and compassionate service to AHC employees, and other AHC customers seeking occupational health services. Services are provided in accordance with regulatory and accrediting guidelines. This person is actively engaged with all local and system occupational health initiatives. This person is involved with the new employee on-boarding health assessment process, all HCW surveillances, data collection, trending and analysis, as well as occupational disease and injury prevention. This person is actively engaged in the entity HCW safety and hazard elimination (HEP) activities working with the entity managers. This person is responsible for the day-to-day worker*s comp management, working with the Nurse Practitioner, and the injured worker to achieve a prompt return to work, in modified or full duty. Works with management and the Third Party Administrator to ensure injured worker*s claim is promptly processed and move to a resolution. This person is responsible for maintaining the OSHA logs up to date, as per regulation. This person is actively engaged in helping AHC achieve the goal of becoming a world class organization. This person*s actions and attitude needs to align with AHC Values (Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence, and Stewardship) as we extend God*s care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
1. *Coordinates all local Workers' Comp activities. Partners with local HR and with the managers to address, as needed, issues related to medical disability and return to work (RTW) program. Has working knowledge of the FMLA and ADA regulations. Works well as part of the OH and the HR team, as well as with all HCWs served.
2. *Actively involved with the new hire health assessments/or physical process and the new and current employee vaccination programs, TB testing and annual surveillances.
3. *Maintains the OSHA log current & ensures regulatory compliance. Has good knowledge of CDC Health Care Personnel guidelines as well as OSHA mandates. Is familiar with ergonomic guidelines/principles necessary for manager or employee training. Can conduct employee ergonomic evaluations, basic department ergonomic assessments and provides recommendations for employee workstation improvement.
4. *Works effectively with the TPA adjuster, WC Lawyers, managers, facility NP, MD*s to promptly return injured employee back to work, in modified or full duty. Working with the OH nurse practitioner, communicates quarterly with management trending WC data, injury frequency and cost, and hazard elimination initiatives (HEP) necessary to enhance overall HCW safety. Based on trending, recommends to management educational opportunities to improve HCW safety.
5. *Works with the OH NP to develops and implement injury prevention measures to decrease the number of backs, falls, and other types of work related injuries.
6. *Acts as a team lead member of the Emergency Event HCW Screening Center or as a member of the emergency response team during an event requiring HCW*s screenings, as directed by the entity command center or the health department.
7. *Communicates promptly and in writing with the injured worker re: The WC Law & rights, and the AHC Return to Work Program. After injury, secures appropriate medical release form and consent. All communications are compassionate and consistent with organizational values.
BSN. Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Maryland required.
MD WC Case Manager Certificate preferred.
2-5 year RN experience in hospital setting. Emergency or critical care experience preferred
Current CPR Card
Office management skills and highly organized to multi-task.
Excellent communication skills (Verbal and written form)
Ability to diplomatically work with all occupational health customers, including, employees, managers, and medical staff regarding occupational health or WC related issues.
Basic PC skills such as Internet, email and windows environment. Excel, Power Point, People Soft knowledge and Workday preferred.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, We will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
We will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cut and paste this link into your web browser