Master Combination Inspector
1 day left
- Full Time
Works as part of LDS's Building Division. The successful candidate will:
- Inspect commercial and residential structures to ensure compliance with the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code.
- Examine and evaluate building, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems in commercial and residential structures.
- Educate property owners and tenants, building engineers, contractors, other government agencies, and citizens on regulations and the importance of building safety
- Maintain inspection reports using a county-provided laptop for added job mobility.
- Handle administrative work associated with commercial and residential inspections.
- Investigate complaints related to new construction and unsafe existing structures.
For more information on our Building Division, click here.
Position may be underfilled as a Combination Inspector; the underfill requirements are stated below in the Employment Standards section. Employment Standards
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to graduation from high school or a GED issued by a state department of education; and five years of construction and/or inspection experience.
This position may be underfilled as a Combination Inspector (Grade S21, $49,623.18 to 82,704.96). The Minimum Qualifications for the Combination Inspector are: Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from high school, or a GED issued by a state department of education; plus four years of residential construction and/or inspection experience for positions assigned to residential inspections or four years of commercial construction and/or inspection experience for positions assigned to commercial inspections.
For more information on the underfill employment standards and requirements, please visit this link for the Combination Inspector and refer to the Employment Standards and Certificates and Licenses Required sections.
Working knowledge of the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code Experience reading and interpreting commercial plumbing and/or mechanical plans. Basic computer skills and ability to use software to access centralized information systems to retrieve and enter data. Experience preparing, organizing and conducting training classes with peers and industry Effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively convey technical information and enter clear and concise inspection results within a diverse community More than 5 years' professional experience in the installation, inspection or design of plumbing and/or mechanical systems in commercial structures. Ability to maintain and effective and courteous relationships with contractors, the public and fellow employees. Possession of a recognized tradesman's card in plumbing, back flow prevention, mechanical or gas-fitting More than 5 years' professional experience in the installation, inspection or design of plumbing and/or mechanical systems in multifamily, condominium or apartment structures.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Possession of a valid motor vehicle driver's license. Certification by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (VDHCD) in all of the following:
- Building Inspector One and Two Family Dwelling
- Electrical Inspector One and Two Family Dwelling
- Mechanical Inspector One and Two Family Dwelling
- Plumbing Inspector One and Two Family Dwelling
- Building Inspector General
- Electrical Inspector General
- Mechanical Inspector General
- Plumbing Inspector General
The following physical requirements are with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to operate keyboard-driven equipment.
- Ability to distinguish colors of wiring.
- Ability to work in adverse weather.
- Ability to climb step ladders and ladders up to 40 feet with required safety equipment.
- Ability to crawl, crouch, stoop and work in uncomfortable conditions.
- Ability to walk/traverse through and over various terrain.
- Ability to climb multiple levels of stairs.
- Ability to reach with arms extended above the head.
- Ability to go up and down steep inclines.
- Ability to walk and adequately maneuver in an outside/inside environment.
The appointee(s) to the position(s) will be required to complete a criminal background and driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Panel interview, may include a written exercise.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.