Technology Integration Specialist (Secondary)
The Technology Integration Specialist provides leadership in the implementation of the ACPS vision of effective technology integration in the K-12 instructional programs; ensures that all instructional technology practices and resources are aligned and allocated in a manner that reflects the division's mission and instructional goals.
This position reports to Coordinator of Instructional Technology.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in job related area.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid Virginia Department of Education license required, or eligibility to obtain one.
- Experience: Must have experience integrating technology with instructional practices. Must have strong leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, teachers, administrators and parents.
- Key Competencies:
- Understanding of instructional practices that effectively integrate technology resources into the curriculum
- Understanding of blended learning and experience supporting it within the classroom environment
- Familiarity with emerging trends and innovative practices in instructional technology
- Applied knowledge of ACPS technology resources or their equivalent
- Working knowledge of the concepts and principles of shared decision making
- Expertise in planning and delivering professional development including advising, coaching, and mentoring adults
- Experience facilitating small and large group meetings and projects
- Ability to effectively communicate through written and oral language
- Ability to implement and support collaborative efforts
- Ability to establish trusting relationships
- Ability to work some afternoons, evenings and Saturdays
- Lead division-wide effort to appropriately integrate technology into all areas of the curriculum as guided by state, national and international standards for students and staff.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of the ACPS Technology Plan.
- Work collaboratively within the Department of Technology Services as well as with other ACPS departments and schools to lead and support blended learning.
- Set and reflect on professional goals and participate in professional learning to support those goals.
- Facilitate instruction around digital citizenship efforts at the school level
- Coordinate and lead division-wide professional learning opportunities during and after the school day, including but not limited to: Technology Integration Education, Teacher Leadership Project, Blended Learning cohorts, and new teacher programs.
- Participate in school-based meetings including but not limited to: team, content, faculty, leadership and PTA meetings.
- Coordinate and support the work of ACPS instructional staff through problem-solving, co-teaching, modeling lessons, coaching and mentoring.
- Manage and/or support multiple projects in multiple locations.
- Work collaboratively with instructional leaders (i.e., principals, curriculum specialists, coaches) to identify and evaluate effective instructional technology practices.
- Participate in the selection, review, and implementation of division wide instructional software and tools
- Contribute to an annual report on the status of instructional technology as directed by the Coordinator of Instructional Technology.
- May perform other additional duties or tasks as designated by supervisor.