*** We are only interested in local hires with direct industry experience ***
HandyMensch Home Remodeling specializes in small to medium sized remodeling and large scale repair projects in the Northern Virginia area. Our work includes kitchens, bathrooms and basements, structural repairs and whole house facelifts. These projects require a high level of project management within a condensed timeframe. We value friendly customer focused employees to help maintain and build our excellent reputation. Our clients are primarily busy professionals with hectic work or family commitments. They want a company that can be trusted to work in their home and get a high quality job done on time.
We are currently seeking a Production Manager that will be accountable for all aspects of our projects. This will include managing multiple projects in the areas of financial/profitability management, material ordering, site management, trade scheduling/oversight, quality assurance and serving as the primary client contact.
The ideal candidate has a long history of client satisfaction, strong team development skills and a proven track record of on time and on budget project completion. Initiative is required in this role to help our growing company create processes and systems that build efficiency and profitability.
The responsibilities of the position will include but not limited to:
- Managing all aspects of our projects including material ordering/delivery/staging, written project schedules, bid management, performance of our employees and subcontractors.
- Maintaining a results oriented focus - projects must be completed on-time, on budget, with an eye towards zero defects.
- Warranty process management when a callback does occur.
- Managing client communications from the point the project is signed until the project is completed and all punch out items have been resolved. Perform client walk throughs and status updates.
- Maintaining a high level of client satisfaction. Each client is contacted by our office after the completion of their project. Satisfied clients will refer us to others.
- Professional knowledge to oversee and check the work of various trades such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, hardwood, carpet, tile, and painting.
- Proactive project management - “look ahead” and anticipate potential problems to avoid disruptions in the schedule. Schedule inspections as needed.
- Working with our salesperson to perform site evaluations, material takeoffs, and assemble the package required to price a project during the sales process. Coordinating any resources required during the sales process (for example: a structural engineer site visit)
- Assemble change orders, work with our salesperson on pricing, and then presenting them to the client for execution.
- Ultimate accountability for jobsite safety, cleanliness, security, and protection from damage during construction by supervising on site resources.
- Taking ownership of our process playbook which defines our quality control, employee and subcontractor performance requirements, formal client communications, etc.
- Some nights and weekend work will be required based on client requirements and staying on top of various administrative tasks.
- Self starter - if you have downtime, you will be expected to find a way to fill that time in a manner that helps grow the company.
- 10+ years of residential construction production management experience. A history of managing multiple concurrent projects with lots of balls in the air. This includes delivering clear instructions and following up to confirm execution with employees, subs, partners and suppliers.
- 10+ years of managing the financial and operational aspects of a remodeling project. This includes managing the profitability of the project, ordering materials, managing employees time, change orders, etc.
- 10+ years of executing remodeling construction projects in a hands on capacity such as a lead carpenter.
- 5+ years of sales experience - interacting with clients to advise them on the best way to accomplish their goals for the project.
- Technology savvy - be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel, email, smartphone, uploading pictures, web based project management software. You will be expected to have high speed internet access at your home.
- Formal written schedules and job logs – systems to track the schedule, manage to that, job logs and tracking of completed and incomplete items. Each project will need a planned schedule prior to the start of each project which will be adjusted as the project moves along.
- Must be able to pass a background check including driving record, drug and criminal.
- We prefer candidates that reside in Fairfax County, Arlington or Alexandria.
Compensation for the position:
- Includes a competitive base salary, bonuses, paid holidays, 401k with matching and a car allowance
When applying for this position please do the following:
- Submit a resume in Word or PDF format showing the details of your experience. We want to know how you managed projects on time and budget as well as your trade skills. Please include your address, phone number and email.
- Include the definition of a Mensch in the body of your email so we know you read the entire job description. If you do not include it you will not be considered for the position. You may cut/paste our definition or get creative and tell us how you meet the definition of a Mensch.
- Be prepared for multiple interviews. The right candidate is looking for a career as a key participant in building a company, not a 9 to 5 job.
- We are only accepting applicants via email. No phone calls please.