Marketing Specialist – CapitalTristate
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Specialist to help us in our overall marketing efforts. You will be an integral part of the strategy, development, and execution of a variety of marketing initiatives – including advertising and promotions, customer education, events and trade shows, financial management, communications, public relations, sales support, branding, and more. Our goal is to deliver valuable, effective marketing programs that will significantly contribute to the growth and long-term success of our organization.
Successful candidates must have a strong work ethic with the ability to learn and adapt quickly. As part of the Marketing Team, you be working in a fast-moving environment managing multiple projects at once, while closely collaborating with others. Consequently, this role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, project management skills, and the ability to effectively communicate ideas.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing, and is located just outside of Washington, DC at our company headquarters in Upper Marlboro, MD.
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative and effective marketing campaigns.
- Develop successful marketing programs and own their implementation from ideation to execution.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with vendors, agencies, and other key partners.
- Collaborate closely with sales teams and other stakeholders to ensure program success.
- Administer manufacturer funding programs and assist with management of department finances.
- Deploy promotional campaigns to advertise vendor products, increase brand awareness, and drive sales.
- Create engaging marketing content for both print and digital applications.
- Manage development of marketing collateral and coordinate dissemination.
- Plan and execute effective communications strategies through multiple channels (including HTML emails, social media, direct mail, print/digital ads, signage, press releases, online website, etc.).
- Organize seminars, trade shows, and major events and coordinate logistical details.
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices.
- Analyze data, maintain marketing databases, and generate reports as needed.
- Evaluate marketing efforts to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization.
- Help identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation.
- Contribute to team effort by performing related tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s or 4-year degree, or equivalent work experience (Master’s or MBA is a plus).
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience, preferably in B2B Marketing/Communications, wholesale electrical distribution, or a related industry.
- Works well in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Adept at working under pressure and managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Comfortable working with numbers, data, and spreadsheets.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel and/or work longer hours/weekends periodically.
CapitalTristate is The Electrical Distributor of Choice in the Mid-Atlantic region and a proud member of the Sonepar family. CapitalTristate delivers excellence in service, products from the finest lighting and electrical manufacturers, extensive application expertise, and customized, comprehensive solutions to our customers. We operate under the Eck Supply name in the Carolinas and as CapitalTristate elsewhere. Altogether, we serve customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina from over 60 locations and from our central distribution center and company headquarters in Upper Marlboro, MD.
CapitalTristate is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial & safety products and related solutions.
We offer excellent training, career advancement opportunities, and a competitive compensation package to include vacation time, personal time, full health benefits, 401(k) and more.
CapitalTristate is an EEO Employer.