The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS), a membership association created to advance the art and science of ophthalmic surgery and the knowledge and skills of ophthalmic surgeons, is seeking an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will be part of a Resource Team providing administrative support to ASCRS members, management, and staff, as well as the Executive Director of the Cornea Society.
As Resource Team Member:
- Member support, 2nd phone back-up—respond and follow-up to member inquiries via telephone and email in a professional and courteous manner.
- Update, maintain/troubleshoot individual records in Nimble database.
- Assist with resident/fellow membership campaign: process new/renewing resident/fellow member responses, send welcome email; maintain memberships as determined by the ASCRS Membership Coordinator.
- Take inventory/maintain office and kitchen supplies. Contact and follow-up with vendors. Vendor contact for printing of stationary, business cards, badges, holiday cards; UPS/FedEx contact.
- Assist MarCom with campaign updates, collateral inventory, and packing for meetings.
- Review ASCRS website weekly and report issues to supervisor, dept. head and Web Manager.
As Cornea Society Administration/Coordination:
- Handle administrative requests and queries from Executive Director.
- Assist Executive Director with administrative tasks related to scheduling meetings and conference calls.
- Maintain Society membership database, updating records as needed.
- Coordinate monthly dues renewal and process payments for accountant.
- Review Society’s websites periodically and update content as needed.
- Reply to email@example.com requests and questions.
- Assist with social media aspects of the Society’s communication needs.
- Assist executive director with meeting planning administrative tasks for various meetings throughout the year.
- Attend Society meetings to facilitate CSU programs and events and other Society duties on site.
- Handle administrative duties for CSU monthly newsletter and other CSU related communication.
- Maintain inventory of Society’s collateral and materials.
- Order Society’s marketing materials and research new opportunities and suppliers as needed.
Individual responsibilities at annual meeting:
- Assist with gateway booth at annual meeting: order supplies, pack and setup. Assist attendees with publication sales and membership questions; break down and post meeting follow-up.
- Assist with Cornea Day sessions and meetings
- Perform other admin duties/special projects in support of direct supervisor, members, and staff.
Experience, knowledge, and skill requirements:
- 2 plus years of administrative/coordinator experience.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work. Meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills, positive attitude, the ability to work well as a team.
- Previous experience in handling phones.
Education and training requirements:
- High school diploma or the equivalent (GED), preferably some college.
- High proficiency operating a PC using the Microsoft Office Suite: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint primarily.
- Working within databases. Particularly with Salesforce a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and salary history/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 703-547-8857. Include AA in the subject line.