Supervisory Industrial Specialist (Chief Executive Officer, Federal Prison Industries)
Occasional travel - Travel is required for meetings, operational and training purposes.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Yes. Reimbursement is authorized for travel and transportation for this position.
- Applications must received by 11:59 pm (EST) on the closing date of the vacancy.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position.
- You must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered eligible.
- This is a resume-only application submission not to exceed eight (8) pages.
- You must submit to a drug test and receive a negative drug test result before you can be appointed into this position.
- You must successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
- Frequent travel is required for meetings, training and operational purposes.
- Annual submission of a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-278).
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS: To be qualified for this position, applicants must be able to demonstrate experience leading complex manufacturing operations in a large corporation; AND applying Total Quality principles, or Lean Six Sigma, or Theory of Constraints or production flow optimization; AND applying cost savings methodologies within a large corporation; AND experience analyzing the interactions of corporate sales, earnings, and costs to discern where leverage exists to improve results and meet the mission of the Federal Prison Industries.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATION (ECQs): The ECQs describe the leadership skills needed to succeed in the Senior Executive Service, and are in addition to the specific mandatory technical qualifications listed above. To assess the executive experience of each candidate, applicants must demonstrate how their experience is relevant to exercising leadership in each of the five competencies.
- Leading Change: The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment. Competencies: Creativity and Innovation, External Awareness, Flexibility, Resilience, Strategic Thinking, Vision
- Leading People: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Competencies: Conflict Management, Leveraging Diversity, Developing Others, Team Building
- Results Driven: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Competencies: Accountability, Customer Service, Decisiveness, Entrepreneurship, Problem Solving, Technical Credibility
- Business Acumen: The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically. Competencies: Financial Management, Human Capital Management, Technology Management
- Building Coalitions: The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals. Competencies: Partnering, Political Savvy, Influencing/Negotiating.
This position does not have an educational requirement.
You must submit all required information by the closing date. If materials are not received, your application will be evaluated solely on the information available and you may not receive full consideration or may not be considered eligible. The materials you send with your application will not be returned. Veteran's Preference is not applicable to the Senior Executive Service.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated for this position based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants must address the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) and Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs) within their resume. Failure to address the MTQs and ECQs will impact your eligibility for the position.
To preview questions please click here.