Supervisory International Broadcaster (Spanish)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Specialized Experience: is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This is defined as management experience of a large staff in a major multimedia newsgathering organization; leading in-depth news reports, programming, and projects that have been recognized with reputable industry awards; mastery of and in-depth knowledge of radio, television, and digital broadcast presentation and journalistic writing and editing principles and practices; demonstrated skill in applying these principles and practices in the selection of content for accuracy, balance, clarity and style. Experience must also show demonstrated managerial and supervisory skills over a large staff to organize human and material resources, communicate and lead to achieve specific objectives and the ability to motivate, direct, develop and evaluate staff to achieve the maximum productivity and creativity. Experience must also show efficient utilization of financial resources, including managing a budget and experience planning coverage and associated expense.
Experience must include knowledge of Latin America, its relationship with the U.S., neighboring regions, and the world.
Experience in a major multimedia newsgathering organization is required.
Applicant cannot substitute education for experience.
1. If you are an eligible Inter agency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant, you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.
2. If you are still on active duty, you may submit a statement of service from your Personnel Command which states the date you entered active duty, the date you are separating, and the campaign medals you have received.
3. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
4. If selected, you will be subject to a security investigation to establish your suitability for federal employment. The security investigation will include, among other aspects, a review of your credit and legal history.
5. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Additional selections may be made if additional/identical vacancies occur within 90 days of certificate issuance.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once your resume or application is submitted, a review of your qualification will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements and competencies required for this position.
- Language Profiency-TA
Possession of competencies may be addressed in a cover letter and/or resume. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your qualifications. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Read more Security clearance Q - Sensitive