National Background Investigations Executive
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation incentive may be authorized; however PCS will be paid.
Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating:
1.) Attention to Detail
2.) Customer Service
3.) Oral Communication
4.) Problem Solving
To meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position, you must show in your resume that you possess the five Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs), Technical Qualifications and other qualifications, if applicable, listed below.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):
Applicants must submit written statements (narrative format ) describing accomplishments that would satisfy the ECQs. You must address each ECQ separately. You are required to respond to all ECQs. If you fail to do so, you will be rated as 'ineligible.' Additional information on the ECQs is available at www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/ecq.asp. Each accomplishment should be clear, concise, and emphasize your level of responsibilities, the scope and complexity of programs managed, and results of your actions. Please limit your written statements to 1 1/2 pages per ECQ.
ECQ 1 - LEADING CHANGE: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ 2 - LEADING PEOPLE: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
ECQ 3 - RESULTS DRIVEN: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
ECQ 4 - BUSINESS ACUMEN: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
ECQ 5 - BUILDING COALITIONS: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Failure to meet any one of the technical qualifications requirements automatically disqualifies an applicant.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS: All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) of accomplishments that would satisfy the technical qualifications. You must address each technical qualification separately. Please limit your written statements to 1 page per technical qualification.
(1) In-depth knowledge of, and demonstrated expertise in, planning and managing investment strategies for the application of information technology at the headquarters level of various federal departments for department wide implementation.
(2) Documented program management skills and a demonstrated ability to integrate and coordinate the chartering and management of programs that implement information technology systems, to include providing successful program advocacy.
(3) Expertise in the concepts, principles, and practices across a broad spectrum of information disciplines to identify integration issues that have a direct impact on a wide range of operations performed by the Agency, to include in-depth knowledge of enterprise architecture development and implementation.
In addition, DoD Joint Enterprise-wide Experience: Possess a broad point of view and an awareness and understanding of individual or organizational responsibilities in relation to DoD or government-wide strategic priorities. Executives should demonstrate ability to work with internal and external partners to support national security objectives. This perspective is typically gained through a variety of diverse work experiences. Please do not provide a separate narrative statement. This information should be imbedded within your resume, mandatory technical qualifications, and executive core qualification.
This is an Acquisition & Sustainment (A&S) critical acquisition position (CAP). Applicant must be level III certified in the career field of Program Management within 24 months of appointment. Must be a member of an Acquisition Corps at the time of appointment.
There is no substitution of education for experience for this position.
Competitive wages, flexible schedules and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, and growth & learning. To find out more, visit our benefits information page: http://www.disa.mil/careers/benefits.html.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Current and Former Career SES members, and graduates of SES CDP programs with OPM Certified ECQ's need to only address the technical qualifications (and need not respond to the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)).
- Graduates of an approved SES Candidate Development Program must include a copy of their OPM certification of eligibility.
- The incumbent must be eligible to obtain and maintain, at minimum, a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- The position is a Drug Testing Designated Position.
- The incumbent is required to comply with the provision of the Ethics in Government Act, Public Law 95-521, as amended, which requires the submission of a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE 278, upon assuming the position, annually, and upon termination of employment.
- All newly appointed career SES leaders must sign the Reassignment Rights Obligations Agreement as a condition of appointment into the SES.
- This is an Acquisition & Sustainment (A&S) critical acquisition position (CAP). Applicant must be level III certified in the career field of Program Management within 24 months of appointment. Must be a member of an Acquisition Corps at the time of appointment.
- Occasional Travel Required.
- Permanent Change of Station Costs (PCS) will be paid.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives may bet authorized.
- You may serve up to a two-year probationary period unless you previously completed the probationary period in the SES.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience and education. Your application will be evaluated by a rating and ranking panel, and highly qualified candidates may undergo an interview and a reference check. The Executive Resources Board (ERB) will review results and make recommendations on final selections to the appointing authority. Unless you have already been certified by a Qualifications Review Board (QRB) in the past, your ECQs must be certified by a QRB before appointment can occur.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI