Senior Principal Product Manager
- Full Time
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
The Senior Principal Product Manager position is vital to delivering on IGC's 2020 Vision throughout the full life-cycle management of our product offerings. This position resides within the New Solutions & Services Group. It requires interfacing primarily with Sales and Business Development teams in the Ideation and Definition phase, assuming ownership of the offering past the Definition phase, and helming the product management thereafter by collaborating across Contracts, Finance, Engineering and Service Delivery at Intelsat General Corporation while also interfacing with the greater Intelsat organization, as needed. The successful candidate will bring proven product management expertise developed in government satellite communications markets, ideally focused on low SWaP, high performance applications.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Thorough understanding and command of government satcom market trends and the value proposition of HTS in the mobility market
- Assess and document the competitive landscape, while analyzing customer capability gaps to identify emerging needs
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of products attuned to government needs, each with a business case
- Collaborate with the Mobility Architect to build use cases and evolve a distinct value proposition
- Chart the life-cycle roadmap of each product beyond definition-phase: through launch, sustenance and sunset
- With Business Development and Sales, evolve a Go-To-Market strategy that maximizes market share
- Identify key partners, formulate and negotiate Value Added Reseller agreements
- Define and document the product in consideration of trade-offs; further refine product through testing and beta phases
- Modularly productize offering to catalog-listing level, while maintaining the ability to customize
- Periodically refresh the competitive landscape and calibrate product positioning to maintain market lead
- As the VAR POC, VAR account management responsibilities include:
- Regional-bandwidth inventory, contention/subscription management
- New Service Order generation, Reporting
- VAR agreement policing and billing dispute reconciliation
- Lead the Business Case formulation, through gate reviews in alignment with business and strategic plans
- Document product development through value proposition evaluation, use cases, and business case analysis
- Evaluate and recommend partnerships to enhance IGC's position in the government market space
- Work with Finance to maximize product and service revenue as well as profitability by defining KPI/metrics
- Assist Product Marketing in the development of sales and training collateral, both internal and customer-facing
- Work with Product Development, Engineering, IT, CSEs, and other internal departments to ensure timely release
- Coordinate with Engineering, Service Delivery and Sales teams to ensure successful launch
- Act as second-line support to customer account teams in support of key, complex bids
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have at least 10 years of relevant experience as detailed below.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a similar discipline highly preferred.
- Advanced-level experience in Mobility services, including satellite communications, required
- Prior product management experience in developing enterprise-level satellite products is a must
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain and influence internal and customer working relationships at all levels
- Experience in selling government products/services is required as is the experience in developing business cases
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required, along with the ability to make effective presentations across diverse audiences
- U.S. citizenship is required. Applicants who are not US Citizens will not be considered for the role.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level or as needed for the role is required.
- Enterprise leadership, establishing a vision and persuading others to support.
- Excellent attitude and people-skills, combined with analytic and creative problem solving skills.
- Experienced in creating engaging and compelling content that highlights product/service features.
- Fundamental understanding of Business and Operational Support systems and reporting software systems
- Customer focus: understanding where customer needs are unmet and attunement to customer sensibilities
- Change agility: able to incorporate flexibility into constructs to adapt to evolving technology/market
- Must be able to multi-task, keep big picture focus, discern dependencies and consistently achieve goals
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.