Service Desk Technician
The Kennedy Center is the nation’s busiest performing arts center, offering over 2000 performances and welcoming over two million visitors a year. The IT Department provides, supports and maintains all the technology systems used by the over 500 staff and many of the artists, patrons and visitors. The IT team is a dynamic fast moving group with exciting opportunities for growth and hands on experience with a wide array of technologies.
The Service Desk Technician is a critical member of a small team providing, maintaining and supporting the infrastructure systems and technology services within the Kennedy Center, including the network, telephony, user hardware and software.
Primary job responsibilities include supporting desktop and laptop systems, troubleshooting a wide range of software and hardware issues, providing on-site support as well and support for our Watergate and Takoma Park offices. Additional responsibilities include managing and assisting with implementation for any new or existing application or system rollouts, User administration (setup and maintaining accounts). Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, unlocking accounts and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
30% User administration (setup and maintain accounts). Add, remove or update user account information, reset passwords, unlock accounts etc.
25% Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
25% Manage and assist with implementation and integration of any new or existing application/system rollouts.
20% Maintain an inventory of PC hardware equipment and software programs.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the IT field
- Experience in hardware support of desktops, laptops, and wireless devices such as iPhones and iPads.
- Experience with Office 365, Windows 7, Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Have basic working knowledge of Citrix, Lync or Skype for Business
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- You are a team player, not defined by a role but willing to pitch in wherever needed.
- You are customer focused. You will not stop until the problem is solved.
- You are comfortable in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- You use time effectively and work with a high level of energy, monitoring important details.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan.