Certification Examination Manager
The purpose of this position is to provide oversight and project management for the development and administration of ASHA Certification Examinations. The Certification Exam Manager ensures that applicants, volunteers, and stakeholders receive accurate, timely, and thorough assistance regarding ASHA’s certification examinations. The position also assists in the processing and management of certification applications, forms, and certification program activities in accordance to certification policies and procedures.
- Ensure successful development and administration of ASHA certification examinations.
- Collaborate with staff and vendors to ensure successful exam development, administration and communication of exam related activities.
- Help develop and refine requirements, and operational policies and procedures for the Assistants Credentialing Program.
- Manage exam vendors to ensure compliance with contracts and certification/examination best practices.
- Volunteer recruitment and management.
- Schedule and attend examination committee meetings.
- Prepare examination reports for stakeholders
- Process applications for certification as needed
- Other responsibilities as requested.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Baccalaureate degree
- Previous experience with examination development and administration, and/or certification
- Previous experience with healthcare associations is preferred
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and speedily enter data in a database
- Experience with Windows and Microsoft Word; demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel preferred
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-directed, organized, attentive to detail, goal-oriented, willing to accept responsibility, cooperative, with high integrity
- Able to work under pressure and be adaptable to change
- Able to get along well with others and to maintain a positive attitude