Digital Product Manager
The Digital Product Manager will be accountable for managing the development and maintenance of ASHA's search products (e.g., ASHA.org website search, ProFind, CEFind, etc.) and other assigned digital products. As a Digital Product Manager at ASHA, you will employ and model a customer-centric approach in the development of new features and functions of the digital collaboration and mobile products. To implement new features, the Digital Product Manager will work with cross-discipline ASHA teams and third-party vendors. The successful candidate will be able to leverage user and market research, industry best practices and product management methodologies to inform the product roadmaps. The ideal candidate is resourceful, analytical, self-motivating, and has great attention to detail. The candidate will be responsible for communicating within cross-functional product teams and on behalf of the team to stakeholders and executives.
- Act as a hands-on administrator for ASHA’s search products and other assigned digital products.
- As required, provide backup administrator support for other digital products.
- Maintain product backlogs for ASHA’s search products.
- Coordinate efforts with individual business units, IS, UX, and vendors to deliver search product enhancements.
- Manage search vendor relationships and identify how vendor roadmaps and new features can enhance and optimize ASHA's search products.
- Promote and communicate about ASHA's search products to external and internal audiences.
- Maintain internal product sites for staff to help with training, troubleshooting, and to share announcements.
- Work with IS and vendors when technical errors arise and keep appropriate staff and members informed of the status of active issues.
- Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- BA/BS degree
- Relevant hands-on professional experience managing digital and mobile products
- Continuing education or coursework in product management
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated expertise with HTML, metadata, taxonomy, SEO, and web development principles
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- 1–2 years of digital product management experience (1–2 years of association specific experience preferred)
- Ability to work with cross-functional project teams to solve digital collaboration and mobile product problems
- Ability to work independently and anticipate next steps
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, ability to work under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Availability to work on weekends and evenings, as needed