Education Support Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Salary will range from the low- to mid-$30,000s and is commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Office of Admissions is conducting a search for a self-motivated, results-oriented individual for an Admissions Counselor position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Actively recruit and counsel prospective students;
- Evaluate undergraduate applications;
- Represent the university at recruitment events;
- Assist with various communications and marketing projects;
- Conduct information sessions for prospective students and families.
- Collaborate with other team members across the university and within the Admissions Office;
- Provide excellent customer service to a diverse population; and
- Overnight travel is required.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Willingness to travel extensively;
- Availability for evening and weekend work;
- Comfortable working with diverse populations;
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information and situations;
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a hectic, deadline-driven environment often working on multiple tasks concurrently;
- Comfortable with public speaking in large and small group situations;
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn new software applications;
- Proven ability to work positively as a team member;
- Demonstrated customer service experience; and
- Valid driverâ€™s license.
- Previous experience with data analysis;
- Previous experience with Ellucian Banner software;
- Previous experience with Salesforce CRM;
- Demonstrated experience in creating and editing digital marketing materials; and
- Prior admissions or related experience.
Employment offer is contingent upon meeting eligibility requirements for operating state-owned vehicles and passing a background check.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants may apply for position number 02561z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :