Customer Service Representative
The Washington Post is looking to hire a tech-savvy Customer Service Representative!
The ideal candidate will:
• Respond to customer help desk inquires both in writing and over the telephone.
• Be detailed oriented with data entry
• Trouble shoot digital and home delivery product issues with readers
• Escalate reader issues to internal teams as necessary
• Provide reporting for customer issue resolutions
Monday - Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM
Occasional weekend hours
• 1-3 years customer service experience; technology industry experience a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present information to all levels of the organization
• Proficiency working with MS Office applications; ability to learn how to use various software applications
• Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, follow through and ability to work independently;
• Well organized professional with service orientation and ability to work as part of a team;
• Strong administrative skills, outstanding interpersonal skills including written grammar
• Ability to handle multiple job demands, as well as the ability to prioritize work from various sources;
• Ability to work with a diverse customer and employee population, including all levels of management and staff;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive business and personnel matters;
• Ability to work well under pressure and in an ever-changing, flexible environment;
• Excellent performance and attendance record.
• Passion for consumer electronics, strong proficiency with personal devices such as smartphones.
This is an exciting opportunity working with our customers and products!