VP, Member Relations, Electronic Retailing Association
7 days left
- Full Time
Title: VP, Member Relations, Electronic Retailing Association (ERA)
Reports To: Bill Sheehan, Executive Vice President (ERA)
FLSA Status: Exempt
The VP, Member Relations serves as a senior staff executive for the ERA team under the employment of MCI USA. The VP, Member Relations is responsible for implementation of member-related policies set by the Board of Directors.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, this position is responsible for strategic development, implementation and execution of the membership-related functions of ERA, including sales, retention and sponsorship. This position will focus heavily upon sales management and prospect development.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- College degree required.
- 10+ years of management experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a staff or team leadership capacity.
- Demonstrated understanding of association management and volunteer engagement.
- Preferred experience in the direct to consumer field.
- Has experience creating a scalable, and repeatable sales process. Has strong bias for ‘invention’ when planning and designing processes.
- Demonstrated success engaging external audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Competitive drive to consistently exceed quota.
- Proven quality customer care both internally and externally.
- Excellent process management and facilitation skills.
- Capability to oversee staff.
- Experience with senior-level corporate engagement desirable.
- Experience with global organizations desirable.
- Willingness to travel.
Serve as key contributor of the ERA senior-staff team, responsible for the management and oversight of membership-related activities and programs.
- Design and implement ERA global membership development strategy and processes.
- Diagnose prospect needs, effectively communicate the value proposition to prospects, and close annual membership agreements with senior executives.
- Develop prospect profiles/targets to deeply understand their needs, gaps, and opportunities.
- Partner consistently with colleagues teams (e.g. Marketing, Advocacy, Events) to outline action plans or obtain referrals, and quickly engage qualified prospects/leads.
- Schedule prospect meetings, and ensure appropriate ERA leadership are engaged appropriately to assist in the process.
- Consistently measure and monitor progress against ERA’s strategic plan and budget goals.
- Serve as a key ambassador and spokesman for ERA in building the brand.
- Assist the ERA Executive Vice President and Board of Directors in the implementation of the ERA Strategic Plan and Annual Business Plan as it relates to membership growth and engagement.
- Serve as the liaison with other organizations, representing ERA in coalitions, presentations and other opportunities for external engagement as approved by the ERA Executive Vice President.
- Recruit new members to ERA by demonstrating membership value including advocacy efforts, providing conference incentives, and conducting face-to-face visits.
- Ensure membership database, directory and reporting are accurate and timely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversee membership-related annual budget.
- Provide monthly membership revenue/expenses information and analysis to ERA leadership.
- Oversee projects that involve staff related to membership.
- Participate in a “360 review”, or similar process, to ensure MCI USA management and staff receive valuable feedback.
MCI USA Responsibilities:
- Complete MCI USA/MCI timesheets and function as a MCI USA/MCI Team Member in accordance with MCI USA/MCI’s policy manual.
The Electronic Retailing Association (ERA) serves as the exclusive trade association representing the global $350-billion direct-to-consumer marketplace. Our membership is comprised of companies that use the power of direct response marketing to sell goods and services on television, online and on radio. Our members practice a sophisticated and accountable marketing methodology, leveraging video and audio to compel a direct and measurable response.
ERA works hard to protect the regulatory and legislative climate of direct response marketing while ensuring a favorable landscape that enhances direct response marketers’ ability to bring quality products and services to the consumer. In addition, we strive to promote thought leadership and the sharing of knowledge to advance the direct response marketing industry, as well as to facilitate relationships that help members to drive their businesses’ growth and profitability.
About MCI USA:
MCI USA helps companies and associations strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building community and boosting client performance through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences that support client business objectives. With US headquarters in the Washington, DC area and growing offices in New York, Miami, Baltimore, and Dallas, MCI USA is rapidly expanding its platform to deliver a robust set of services in its Association and Corporate Solutions portfolios. Find out more at www.mci-group.com/usa.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
For consideration, e-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements (required for consideration) to email@example.com. MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for VP, Member Relations, Electronic Retailing Association
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly