Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel for periods of up to a week at a time may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Under the direction of the designated Assistant Division Director, this program coordinator will be responsible for the financial, administrative, technical, and support functions associated with various educational programs. Occasional overnight travel for periods of up to a week at a time may be required.
- You must be a United States Citizen, subject to the exceptions enumerated at http://www.uscourts.gov/careers.
- Selectee must favorably complete a background investigation.
- Relatives of Center staff members may not be employed at the Center in any capacity.
- All requirements must be met for full consideration.
- At least 4 years of related work experience or a bachelor's degree.
- Strong computer, database, and technology skills, including the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Excellent financial, organizational, administrative, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- High level of motivation.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple programs and projects.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Experience working in a federal agency.
- Familiarity with hotel contracting and federal government travel policies, regulations, and processes.
- Experience setting up and operating distance-learning platforms, such as web conference (Adobe Connect, etc.) and course-hosting (e.g., Blackboard, Adobe Connect, etc.) systems.
A bachelor's degree is required, but it can be substituted with 4 years of related work experience.
Federal government benefits are applicable. An array of supplemental benefits are also offered including a transportation subsidy and a flexible benefit program allowing for pre-tax deductions for health insurance, health care, dependent care, and commuter expenses. The FJC is located in the Thurgood Marshall Building, conveniently situated to public transportation directly beside Union Station. The Marshall Building houses a child development center and a health fitness facility for its tenants.
This position does not carry the tenure rights of positions in the competitive civil service.
The starting salary is set at $51,065. This position falls in the Center's pay band III which has a salary range up to $95,737; not all incumbents in pay band III positions can expect to reach the top of the range. For the successful candidate who is not currently a member of the Center staff, a higher starting salary, but not to exceed $53,618, may be considered based upon the successful candidate's current salary. For the successful internal candidate earning less than the starting range minimum, his/her salary will be brought up to the range minimum of $51,065. If the successful internal candidate's salary falls above the range minimum that salary will be matched up to his/her current salary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable