Needs Assessment Counselor LCPC / LCSW
Care. Compassion. Community. Show your care and compassion for your community and join the Adventist HealthCare family as a Needs Assessment Counselor in our Behavioral Health department at Washington Adventist Hospital (WAH) in Takoma Park, MD! Our team is proud of the AHC commitment that cares for a patients' physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week
1. Works as a team with other NAC counselors in assessing daily the overall needs of the Emergency Dept.
2. Serves as a liaison between the Emergency Department, Behavioral Medicine, Case Management and other key departments which facilitate patient flow.
3. Provides triage and conducts a comprehensive evaluation to determine clinically appropriate level of care.
4. Documents assessments legibly, demonstrating critical thinking skills to analyze and synthesize data into cohesive case formulation
5. Presents information in a way that pre-authorization can be obtained and concurrent reviews can proceed smoothly.
6. Collects data on referral sources for strategic planning purposes and treats these sources as customers who will consider us to be the facility to admit when their patient is in crisis
7. Educate patients and families about all hospital and Department Services. Provide education and material to all those who referred for Needs Assessment
8. Assesses patients on the Medical Floors when requested or gathers information from other hospitals who want to transfer patients to WAH. Conversely, he/she may need to transfer out to another facility when WAH does not have an appropriate bed.
9. Has access to resources in the community and develops ongoing process to add to the resource list
10. Demonstrates sensitivity to patients' spiritual, religious and cultural needs.
1. Masters Degree and current State licensure as LCPC or LCSW-C
2. Minimum of five years experience in acute care psychiatric setting
3. Assessment, triage and crisis intervention training/experience preferred
4. Good communication skills
5. Legible handwriting
6. An ability to multi-task
7. Stable and mature personality
8. Current BLS certification
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cut and paste this link into your web browser