Director of Campaign Management and Special Initiatives, Law Center Advancement - Georgetown Univer
Director of Campaign Management and Special Initiatives, Law Center Advancement - Georgetown University Law Center
Georgetown Law. Tradition. Innovation. A superb faculty, hundreds of course offerings - and all of this just steps away from the Capitol and Supreme Court. Georgetown Law is an exceptional institution in an enviable location. Students come here from all over the world to study international or tax law, environmental or health care law (just a few of our specialties). They come here for our top-ranked clinics. Most of all, they come because this is the place where theory and practice meet. At Georgetown, students learn the law in the place where laws are made.
The Director of Campaign Management and Special Initiatives coordinates the planning and execution of the next comprehensive Law Center fundraising campaign, as well as manages special Law Center initiatives, including the upcoming 150th anniversary celebration of the founding of the Law Center. S/he coordinates the planning and execution of the next comprehensive campaign for the Law Center, which launched in January 2018. Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Development and Alumni Affairs, the Director has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Recruits campaign steering committee.
- Develops campaign marketing materials (case statements).
- Organizes campaign screening events.
- Plans campaign launch event and regional campaign events.
- Writes and develops periodic community-wide stories on campaign progress and impact.
- Manages online campaign content.
- Coordinates all aspects of the planning for the Law Center's 150th Anniversary celebration, involving multiple internal and external constituents, to be held in academic years 2020 - 2021.
- Manages the 150th Anniversary campus planning committee comprised of faculty and staff.
- Coordinates with Communications staff on strategy for media coverage both in print and online.
Manages a small portfolio of campaign prospects.
- Bachelor's degree - preference for Master's degree
- 8 years of experience managing large-scale projects involving multiple constituents - preferably in higher education fundraising environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of initiative and ability to accomplish projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with tact and discretion
- Commitment to adherence to ethical and confidentiality guidelines of the University
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.