System Accountant - 1460
The MIL Corporation seeks a System Accountant to support a Federal Government client at one of our Washington, DC locations. The System Accountant will function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
• Review deliverables from integrator, provide expert advice and analysis
• Assist in performing QA of strategies and plans, etc.
• Perform functional/program management QA: review integration contractor's deliverables, provide oversight and review on implementation schedules, strategies, and analyses. etc.
• Develop and implement quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with QA standards, guidelines and procedures
• Develop and define major and minor characteristics of quality including quality metrics and scoring parameters and determine requisite quality control resources
• Establish and maintain a process for evaluating hardware, software and associated documentation and assist in evaluation
• Conduct and/or participate in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development life cycle
• Plan and lead major technology assignments
• Evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
• May supervise others
• 5 years of project management, deliverables, documentation, and system implementation experience
• Possess expertise to support multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks
• Ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments
• Very good verbal and written communication skills
• Very good organization and documentation skills
• Great attention to detail
• Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAPs) and Federal Accounting Standards (FASAB Handbook)
• Ensure the most efficient, accurate and cost-effective financial systems are in place
• Review and evaluate all the financial systems, practices and policies
• Confer with managers and key personnel on their specific systems' pros and cons before deciding how to proceed
• Discuss proposed changes with management/vendors/other team members to determine the effects of decisions on their goals and expectations
• Knowledge and application of common practice, best practice and federal guidelines for financial systems
• Application of general knowledge, as well as subject matter expertise in federal financial management
• Ability to translate hands-on accounting practice to help create procedures and guide new system development
• Work as part of a small team providing oversight and analysis of financial system modernization activities performed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and its components
• DHS active clearance
• Federal Financial management experience
• Experience with IV&V/QA
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CJP