Business Development Associate
Under the direction of the Vice President of Business Development provides management of activities related to business development, marketing, and customer onboarding for accreditation and education services. Provides administrative support where needed.
- Engages in growing the number of CHAP accredited customers through an organized and effective business development plan.
- Assists with development and implementation of business development initiatives, strategies and programs.
- Identifies and pursues new business development targets, including arranging meetings and preparing presentations.
- Supports relationship building with industry stakeholders and key strategic partners.
- Attends and staffs trade shows
- Follows through on all promotional activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Collects data, creates informational reports, and researches potential customers.
- Responds to business development and new business inquiries.
- Contributes to business development of new product and service offerings and customer retention efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must adhere to CHAP Customer Service Standards.
- Must possess above average oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or liberal arts is preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in a business development or related role.
- Ability to present oneself in a mature, confident and effective manner regarding matters related to CHAP.
- Ability to cover a wide geographic territory, primarily by phone, with demonstrated results in attracting and closing business
- Ability to simultaneously perform various administrative and management functions with little direct supervision and with few errors.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with the following technologies preferred:
- Adobe Photoshop/Creative Suite
- MS Office
- Ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
This position involves full time work based in the Washington, DC office. Due to the nature of this job, lifting of materials and equipment up to 50 pounds is required. Extended periods of sitting/standing are required.
Local and national travel may be required. Speaking in fluent English is required, as are excellent writing skills for written correspondence. The candidate must be able to hear, see and comprehend written documents to effectively perform this job. Extensive work on a PC and telephone, at a desk, is required.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.