7 days left
- Full Time
Program Leaders oversee the implementation of Close Up student programming. Program Leaders ensure safety of participants, maintain the academic integrity of program, and work cross functionally with Close Up staff and external vendors to provide customer service to our students and teachers and respond to emergent problems on program. They work on a team of Program Leaders to recruit, hire and manage Program Instructors and other program staff. Program Leaders stay up to date on Close Up Curriculum and assist in the development of their staffs. Program Leaders utilize their expertise of curriculum and program to contribute to the overall design and execution of program. Program Leaders are on call 24/7 during each program week they are assigned to and are expected to assist on non-assigned weeks as necessary to facilitate smooth program implementation and to generally further Foundation goals.
Close Up's mission is to inform, inspire, and empower young people to exercise the rights and accept the responsibilities of citizens in a democracy. As a non-profit/non-partisan leader in civic education since 1971, we believe that a strong democracy requires active and informed participation by all citizens; therefore we seek to reach participants of every race, creed, geographical community, socio-economic level, and academic standing. Our Middle and High School programs engage students from across the United States in controversial public policy discussions while using the nation's capital as our classroom.
The Program Leader schedule is not your standard nine to five work week. Each week will mirror the program schedule to which a Program Leader is assigned. Program schedules typically run from 8am through 11pm most days, and programs usually start afternoon on Sundays and run through Thursday night.
Competitive benefits package include all program meals, Transportation benefits, Health, Dental, 403(b), Flexible Spending Account, Gym Access, Vacation & Sick Leave program, and Life/AD&D insurance.
If you are excited about the prospect of becoming a Program Leader, we welcome you to apply and explore how you can be part of an amazing network of staff who have led more than 850,000 students over 45 years through a "once-in-a-lifetime" Close Up experience.
- Serve as the administrator of record for assigned Close Up programs and be present on these programs
- Ensure the safety of participants and oversee program operation
- Ensure Close Up policies are followed by program staff and participants
- Maintain the academic integrity of program
- Recruit, Hire and Manage program staff
- Provide logistical and academic leadership for a staff of about 10
- Provide customer service to students, teachers, and parents
- Work with internal Foundation staff to produce the best possible program outcomes
- Provide logistics training to program staff
- Maintain and improve external vendor relations in collaboration with Program Services
- Other program-related tasks as assigned/necessary
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in political science, history, education, social science or related field)
- Passion for working with diverse students in grades 6-12
- Interest in current public policy issues, history, politics, government and experiential education
- Capable of keeping up with the intensity of the Program schedule, hopping on and off buses throughout the day, preparing and leading daily program components, and coordinating the movement of a large group of students on all program activities in the Washington, D.C. area and other program locations
- Willingness/Ability to conduct all Close Up programming
- Dedicated to improving and innovating across all Close Up programs
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prepare for and react to challenging situations
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to travel for program responsibilities and job fairs
Minimum Education Required: 4-year degree
How to apply:
Candidates who meet our qualifications are encouraged to apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, all application must include a cover letter and resume; subject line should read "PL Application".
Apply for PROGRAM LEADER
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly