IT Specialist (INFOSEC)
4 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - May be required to be in a travel status away from home for 6 to 10 nights per month.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Attention to Detail: Reviewing IT programs to assess overall compliance with IT plans and policies and alignment with business requirements.
- Customer Service: Interpreting and implementing IT security policies and strategies governing the operation of information systems and networks.
- Problem Solving: Modifying IT plans and policies to respond to changes in the organization's business requirements and processes or changes in legislation or regulatory requirements
- Oral Communication: Providing advice concerning improving cyber security and IT risk management
In ADDITION to the above requirement you must have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-12 grade level performing the following duties:
- Developing and coordinating activities to protect IT systems, services, and capabilities.
You qualify for the GS-14 grade level (starting salary $103,106) if you possess information technology related experience demonstrating each of the four required competencies:
- Attention to Detail: Applying IT security principles, concepts, methods, standards and practices to develop and interpret policies and strategies governing the operation of information systems and networks
- Customer Service: Interpreting and implementing IT security policies and strategies governing the operation of information systems and networks
- Problem Solving: Recommending best practices, plans and policies to improve cybersecurity incident response
- Oral Communication: Modifying IT plans and policies to respond to changes in the organization's business requirements and processes or changes in legislation or regulatory requirements.
In ADDITION to the above requirement you must have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-13 grade level performing the following duties:
- Providing expert advice concerning improving cyber security and IT risk management developing and coordinating activities to protect IT systems, services, and capabilities.
National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide
valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Current or Former Political Appointees: The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
Qualifications Must Be Met
The qualification requirements listed above must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Education can not be used to substituted experience at this level. Transcripts are not required.
DHS offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan [similar to a 401(k)]; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days; and paid federal holidays. Other benefits may include: flexible work schedules; telework; tuition reimbursement; transportation subsidies; uniform allowance; health and wellness programs; and fitness centers. DHS is committed to employee development and offers a variety of employee training and developmental opportunities. For more information, go to the DHS Careers website and select Benefits. Disabled veteran leave will be available to any Federal employee hired on or after November 5, 2016, who is a veteran with a service-connected disability rating of 30 percent or more.
This position has been designated exempt from bargaining unit representation under the national security provision of 5 USC Section 7112(B)(6).
All employees are required to participate in Direct Deposit/ Electronic Funds Transfer for salary payments.
If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application, prior to entry on duty. False statements on any part of the application may result in withdrawal of offer of employment, dismissal after beginning work, fine, or imprisonment.
DHS uses e-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You are encouraged to apply online. If you are unable to apply online, please use the Alternate Application link listed in the Other Information section of this vacancy announcement. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online if at all possible. Applying online, through your USAJOBS account, will expedite the application process and allow you to check your application status as well as verify the documentation submitted with your application. If you utilize the Alternate Application method, your USAJOBS account will not display this application and you will not receive status updates.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Under the provisions of the Direct-Hire Authority, veterans' preference does not apply.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, we will use a job questionnaire to further evaluate your experience, education, and training. The competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform this job are:
- Cybersecurity Information Technology/Systems Engineering
- Cybersecurity Project Management
- Information Systems/Network Security
- Oral Communication
If you are determined qualified, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview. Preview the Assessment Questionnaire, click https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10158566.
Interagency/Career Transition Assistance Program (I/CTAP) Eligibles: If you have never worked for the federal government, you are not I/CTAP eligible. View information about I/CTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered well qualified under I/CTAP, you must be rated at a minimum score of 85 for this position. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement. Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI