Forensic Latent Print Analyst
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Willingness to submit to a Tier 2 Moderate Background Investigation (MBI). This investigation requires, among other things, completion of a questionnaire and fingerprinting for a criminal records check. The investigation may require a drug test. The successful applicant will be required to meet and maintain the requirements of this level of background investigation while holding this position.1. Ability to communicate orally and in writing in order to prepare reports of examination results and conclusions, and provide testimony as an expert witness before state, federal or other judicial bodies.
2. Ability to provide training related to laboratory services, evidence collection, and field examination.
3. Ability to conduct and document scientific research related to latent print examinations.
4. Skill in the use of magnifiers and digital / optical enhancement instrumentation.
5. Knowledge of forensic science techniques, laboratory protocols, scientific methodologies, quality assurance standards and latent print examination procedures sufficient to conduct detailed and complex analyses and interpretation of the value of evidentiary items.
6. Ability to render conclusions/opinions and make recommendations based on scientific practices of recognition, collection, and interpretation of physical evidence related to latent print examinations.
7. Knowledge of evidence collection, preservation, packaging and shipment procedures sufficient to serve as a technical advisor in such matters and to ensure evidence handling requirements are met.
EDUCATION/ CERTIFICATION: Applicants must possess the following degree and professional certification.
1. A Bachelor's degree in forensic science, physical or biological sciences, life sciences, chemistry or a closely related field from a college or university accredited by a national or regional accreditation organization recognized and sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Education.
2. The International Association for Identification (IAI) Certified Latent Print Examiner certification.
NOTE: Employees in the Forensics Latent Print Analyst Sr position prior to April 4, 2015 are exempt from this requirement.
The salary will be based on previous experience, and current postal pay policies. We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant professional, educational, and work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified in the Qualifications section above, required for this position.Read more Security clearance Other